Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Don't Matter To The Sun

Out on the Border

Default It Don't Matter To The Sun

I found a link to a stream of " It Don't Matter To the Sun" from the Target Exclusive.

It's simply amazing.

I am posting it below. I hope this is ok and I am not violating any trademark law.
    Please delete if I am.

Thanks to whomever posted it.

http://captive-cogitations.tumblr.co...to-the-sun-don

Banned

Default Re: It Don't Matter To The Sun

Thank you very much for posting the link dcinga, I was beginning to feel a little left out on this side of the Atlantic.

I've just recalled that, Don and Stevie, along with Van Morrison, were my favourite singers during the 1980s.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks, dc. That is lovely isn't it? I would imagine Don will have this taken down if he doesn't want it posted.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

I dug a little deeper, dcinga;

track info (scan);
    http://captive-cogitations.tumblr.co...60230952/satya

Here Come Those Tears Again - Don Henley feat. Alison Krauss;
    http://captive-cogitations.tumblr.co...ears-again-don

I'll second your thanks to whomever posted these

I LOVE that! I don't have the Target version that has this and the other bonus (yet!) but this should have been on the main track list. I think it's one of the best on the album! Stevie kind of surprised me at the end because I didn't realize that this was the song she was on. It went through nearly the entire song before she joined, which was kind of a bummer. Love how stripped down it is. I always find it fascinating what songs are chosen for duets....this gets even more fascinating in a case like this when they were once together. Thanks for sharing!

Out on the Border

Funk 50 , Thanks for posting" Here Come Those Tears Again ".

I love this cover. I remember when Jackson Browne first released The Pretender, during my first year of college in 1976. Here Come Those Tears was the first single released from that album.( I played the heck out of it for a month and then Hotel California was released. Then i bet I didn't play it again for 6 months.LOL)

This song really turned me on to Jackson Browne. Jackson's original was a great 1970's country rock son. Don has made it a straight traditional country song.

Don has really delivered on this CD. All the tracks are outstanding. Usually the extra tracks are throw aways that don't add much substance or value to a CD. These two extra tracks are fantastic covers. Jackson and Garth should be very proud of Don's homage to their work.

That song is Garth Brooks' alter ego Chris Gaines...lol worst decision ever.

Good song though.

Thanks dcinga and F50 for the links - I have wanted to hear 'It don't matter to the sun' for so long now...and I love it !! The stripped down version really works, I've only heard the live version on that evil site but this version is really good.

And 'Here comes those tears again' - WOW!!! I would love to hear Don just do a cover album of Jackson Browne's songs - that would be class !! He sounds so good on it - his voice is still as strong as ever in those songs.

And yes, I agree, those songs should have been on the main album, but they were probably left off, as they are not really country, but I'm happy now I got to hear them.
    Last edited by L101; 09-26-2015 at 03:35 PM.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Wow, thanks dcinga and F50 for finding and posting the songs! I love both songs, but Stevie's voice is something else. I just wish that she sang more than she did. Oh well, beggers can't be choosy.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Troubadour

Ok I'm going to be controversial here and say outright that I actually don't think Stevie adds anything to this. Don sounds amazing and should have sung the whole thing - it's almost like she's an 'add on' (forgive me Soda) just there for the sake of it.
    I have only ever heard the live version before and love this song.
    Don doesn't need anyone to make this great Here come those tears is a perfect example of what I mean - great harmony but he sings it so well!
    Last edited by DivineDon; 09-27-2015 at 04:05 AM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...