Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

I am guessing he didn't appreciate the article:

http://secondstorygarage.com/don-hen...country-music/

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Wow - I am thinking "The Guardian" writer Paul Lester won't ever get another chance to interview Don again!

This article's author seemed to be doing fine until he mentioned that Don used to do drugs. I wonder at Don's defensiveness after all these years.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Actually, Soda, I'm not surprised at Don's defensive posturing towards that particular question. I think he's fed up with answering the same tired inquiries about his (and the band's) past hedonistic activities. They became common public knowledges after the release of the HOTE doc and easily searchable with a few quick clicks of a mouse. Obviously, the interviewer knew about them beforehand.

IMO, I wonder why interviewers/journalists keep trying to revive the proverbial 'sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll' dead horse when it's several decades gone, other than to generate more attention to their articles. Are they paid by the number of clicks? I really don't know. Still, I have to admire Don's apparent churlishness (love that word, BTW - thank you, Mr. Bill Simmons) and reluctance to expound further on the subject. If I was him, I would've done the same thing. Enough is enough.

If Don were to ever provide a more lyrical answer, I think his response may float somewhere between "Get Over It" and "No, Thank You."
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border

Q: How has age changed your perspective on the machinery, promises, and pitfalls of being a live performer? I know the drugs, wild partying, etc. are a thing of the past, but what’s your current philosophy about bringing your music directly to audiences? What do you still get out of getting on stage?
    I thought it was a good and fairly respectful question and it's a shame Don didn't attempt to answer it properly. I know some of it's been covered in the promotion for the HotE tour and how backstage is different these days, but Don hasn't really gone into why he does live performances.

UTW, I feel that Don may have answered the questions more thoroughly, if the interviewer would have just left out that one part. IMO, the second question makes perfect sense without it, so I don't know why it was included in the first place. However, because he did say/write it, Don zeroed in and shut it down. A lesson learned.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

In some ways, the tales of rock n roll debauchery from years past are seen as "cool". It's an interesting part of being a musician back then. People enjoy reading about it. Just look at how popular Mötley Crue's book, The Dirt, was when it came out. (New York Times bestseller). I wonder if being asked about their drugs/party days is aa annoying as being asked "what is Hotel California about?" for Don?

------------------

Here's an overall positive review of Cass County.

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/ent...unty/74315928/
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Here's a great article on Don's childhood, career, and Cass County.

http://www.countylinemagazine.com/No...o-Cass-County/
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Here's an article from Music Connection. Its a magazine, but I don't know where its sold at.

http://www.musicconnection.com/don-h...g-cass-county/

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Shun - I moved your post to this thread since it is all about Cass County. It seemed to be getting lost in the press thread in all the other discussions going on. There wasn't a lot new here in this interview, but it's always fun to read what Don has to say anyway.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No problem.