Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I loved the show so much and I'm very excited for season 2!!! They're filming now and ITV/PBS did reveal it will cover the entire 1840s so it's going to cover a lot of things and will make for some really good drama. I did see about that book and will have to look into. I'm reading the historical fiction novel the show is based on now and loving it, especially since I do ship Victoria a bit more with Melbourne than Albert (but I ship both LOL). Plus, Rufus Sewell did confirm he's going to be in season 2, just as a guest star but that's going to be emotional since it more than likely will be to write in his character's death. I'm also catching up on some of Rufus' other shows & movies and loved his Italian detective miniseries "Zen" and looking forward to finally watching his other current show "The Man in the High Castle".
    What, exactly, does the word "ship" mean, the way you have used it here? Is it slang for something like "love their relationship?" Thanks, Buffy.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    What, exactly, does the word "ship" mean, the way you have used it here? Is it slang for something like "love their relationship?" Thanks, Buffy.
    Yes, ship is being a fan of a romantic relationship or sometimes even a friendship. I've usually got one in almost all of my shows, movies, and books. I know the term has actually been around since at least the 90s with fan sites and fan fiction starting up, but I've read an article about it once in Entertainment Weekly that it actually might've started as a "Star Trek" fan term that took off.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

For fellow "Downton Abbey" fans the actor who played Violet's (Maggie Smith) butler Spratt confirmed that the cast has signed on for a film and has seen the script!!! They just are still trying to find dates to film the movie since a lot of the other cast have other TV shows & movies. Michelle Dockery also talked about it recently too so hopefully they'll be able to figure something out soon that works for everyone as this movie has been teased since before the show ended. From what I've heard before it'll pick up where the show ended and be released at the movie theater.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39326666
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Hooray great news about Downtown Abbey ..thanks!

I wish I could get into some TV shows...all of my favorites are no longer in production. Some love The Walking Dead but I can't get into it and I can't be bothered to watch a ton of back episodes to get the story. Breaking Bad didn't do it for me either, but I LOVED the fact they brought Badfinger's "Baby Blue" back on the charts for a bit. Such a underrated band with a sad story.

I wanted to like "Vinyl" but it wasn't my thing either.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I wish I could get into some TV shows...all of my favorites are no longer in production. Some love The Walking Dead but I can't get into it and I can't be bothered to watch a ton of back episodes to get the story. Breaking Bad didn't do it for me either, but I LOVED the fact they brought Badfinger's "Baby Blue" back on the charts for a bit. Such a underrated band with a sad story.

I wanted to like "Vinyl" but it wasn't my thing either.
    OMG, I LOVED Badfinger and that song back in the day! I didn't know this! I don't know their story either! Must look it up!

Thanks for the tidbit, WF!

ETA: I'm sad that This Is Us, Vikings, and The Blacklist is on break now too! Can't find much to watch except HGTV. There's usually something of interest there for me.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well, another season ended on The Walking Dead. I thought this season was so much better than last season. And the finale was excellent, directed by Greg Nicotero. I seem to like the episodes he directs and writes better than the Scott what-his-name's (Gimple?). I don't want to say too much more since others may not have watched it yet but there were surprises I didn't see coming. I love that.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I'm crazy about Homeland. Finally learnt to love Peter Quinn. Wrote this.

Anyone agree?

SS
    xx

http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...-homeland.html

Stuck on the Border

I've been meaning to try Homeland. I just need to the "box set" to show up on a service I subscribe to. Along with having enough time to watch.

I've been enjoying a Showtime programme called "The Circus". It's quite hard for me to describe but it's like a real-life "The West Wing" from the viewpoint of political journalists. It's weekly and covers the previous week in Washington politics. Sometimes it's the journalists chatting over breakfast or on the phone about what's going on. Sometimes they're attending press briefings. Sometimes they're hanging around outside a committee room and trying to get comments from various congressmen as they pass by. The last episode had a journalist in Florida for the visit by the Chinese president talking to one of Trump's old cronies followed by a walk on the beach with a Democrat billionaire who lives a few houses away from the Trump's club and who showed how close they could get unchallenged to the place where the leaders of the two most poweful leaders in the world were about to meet. The week with the Healthcare Bill vote was particularly good as they explained the kind of negotiations that were going on. In the UK, it's shown on Sky Atlantic on Tuesdays.

Don't know if anyone has been watching the new show "Feud" but it has been amazing!!! Ryan Murphy's made another great show for FX and season one is about the feud between Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange have been amazing as Bette & Joan, and I love the costumes and the rest of the cast. The season finale is on Sunday but it's already been renewed for a 2nd season which will depict the marriage of Prince Charles and Princess Diana.
    ~*Amanda*~