Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Is this the one you mean, Brooke?

Classic Albums - Fleetwood Mac: Rumours

If so, that's a documentary about the making of Rumours. It has interviews with all the band members as well as the producers. I find it fascinating, but if you're looking for a concert, it's not for you. However, you do get to hear the songs played as well (some only partially). The highlight of the video for me is Christine McVie playing Songbird on the piano in a concert hall, recreating the way she first did it when she recorded the song for the album. Another highlight is that you get to hear the initial recording of Silver Springs back in 1976 when it was just a B-side. If you want to hear the entirety of the initial Silver Springs, you can purchase the Rumours DVD-Audio. That's well worth the money for audiophile fans of Fleetwood Mac.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, that's it. Thank you Soda. I'm sure I'd like it, but I'd also like a 70's concert video if there is one available. FM was one of my favorites back then, so it would be fun to see the oldies. Any recommendations?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Yes, that's it. Thank you Soda. I'm sure I'd like it, but I'd also like a 70's concert video if there is one available. FM was one of my favorites back then, so it would be fun to see the oldies. Any recommendations?
    Sorry to take so long in replying, Brooke!

There are no commercially available 70s concerts, although I have some bootlegs which can be found on my Mac trade page here:
    http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/trade/index.html under "Fleetwood Mac" and then "DVD" - I just realized the date for the Japan show is wrong, it's 1977.

I also have some Rumours Japan behind the scenes footage taken by Mick Fleetwood - hours of it - that basically shows them wandering around backstage chit-chatting. I haven't listed it because it's fun for the hardcore but not too many other people. A highlight is Lindsey whining: "I don't WANNA do interviews and sign autographs! I'm HUNGRY!" Christine basically puts him in his place and tells him how lucky he is that his job only requires him to play music for a couple hours a few nights a week for a few months a year, and to occasionally do this kind of PR. (Of course she omits the making of the music itself they had done the year before, which I found interesting. But then again she had to work less fuflilling jobs before joining the Mac, whereas Lindsey has never held a job besides that of musician. Stevie often complained that when they were poor pre-Mac, she had to do the odd jobs to support them while Lindsey insisted that he had to spend all his time working on their music in order for them to make it. lol) You also have Stevie putting on makeup and talking about how she wants to look like Greta Garbo, drunken interviews by Stevie and Christine... but as I said, it's hours of them just hanging out, with only a few songs. Lindsey also is shirtless some of the time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That Japan stuff sound interesting (Lindsey shirtless ), but I think I'll check out your page of bootlegs.

Thanks for the info!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Re: What do you guys think of Fleetwood Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    it Personally, I don't think Stevie wanted a baby at that point in her life regardless of whether or not Don "called her home." She was doing coke, flying around the world, partying constantly, and at the height of her success. She has even said that one of the considerations for her having the abortion was that having a baby would make it impossible for Fleetwood Mac to tour for Rumours. She has never blamed Don in any way or had anything but good things to say about him, to this day.

Don't you love the drama? I know Stevie fans love it. lol
    I remember writing something very similar (on another board many years ago) about the pregnancy and abortion saga - and I remember saying she wasn't in a good place to have a baby i.e. the vast quantities of coke etc being consumed and I nearly got cyber-bashed by Stevie fans - I couldn't believe it - Stevie is one of my all time heroines and I was just voicing an opinion
    I want total sensory deprivation and back-up drugs :O)

Forgot to add some of my fave FM/Stevie tracks......

Angel
    The Chain
    Don't Stop
    Go Your Own Way
    Temporary One
    Leather and Lace (with Don Henley)
    Stop Dragging My Heart Around (with Tom Petty)
    Talk To Me

Loads of others

Have any of you got the 3 CD package called "Enchanted" came out in 1988 - some great photos of Stevie plus all the lyrics to the 41 songs featured. She also does a mean rendition of "It's Late"

I'm really getting hooked on FM and Stevie.

The cds I have so far by FM are: Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits, The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac, and Say You Will.

By Stevie, I have Bella Donna, Timespace, and Crystal Visions.

I also have Under the Skin by Lindsey.

I'm planning on buying Tusk next and eventually buying all their cds and solo cds.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

I'm really envious of you, Holly, discovering all these wonderful CDs etc. I remember the thrill I used to get when a new album by someone I liked came out - I'd spend hours pouring over the liner notes and lyric sheets and if one was lucky - a poster

Quote Originally Posted by janisjoplin
    I'm really envious of you, Holly, discovering all these wonderful CDs etc. I remember the thrill I used to get when a new album by someone I liked came out - I'd spend hours pouring over the liner notes and lyric sheets and if one was lucky - a poster
    I love finding out about the bands that I like. I love reading the liner notes whenever I buy cds. I always do it as soon as I open the cd. Most of the music I like is from the 60s and 70s, stuff my parents grew up listening too.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

I grew up listening to 60's and 70's music because I was there

I think there was something special about the music back then as the musicians were creating sounds we'd never heard before and listening to music was a big deal...........no MTV, VH1 etc etc

Sunday afternoons was when they played the Top 20 singles and Thursdays at 7.30 pm there was Top of the Pops on TV - and that was about it unless you could tune in to a pirate radio station.

Saying that, some of the up to date music can't be poo poo'd - still some great musicians around amongst all those "wannabees"