Page 134 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Kristen Buckingham has just posted to instagram a straight up denial of the band's story. She says outright Lindsey "didn’t ask for any such [touring] delay. Ironically, they are starting later now than what they had planned with Lindsey." She goes on to call it the "Cruelest move I’ve ever seen. Lindsey did not deserve any of it."

Finally, no more beating around the bush: she's called the band's story a lie.
    Cruelest move ever. Not deserving of any if it.

And fans are willing to tolerate this?

Why? I seriously don't get it.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Kristen Buckingham has just posted to instagram a straight up denial of the band's story. She says outright Lindsey "didn’t ask for any such [touring] delay. Ironically, they are starting later now than what they had planned with Lindsey." She goes on to call it the "Cruelest move I’ve ever seen. Lindsey did not deserve any of it."

Finally, no more beating around the bush: she's called the band's story a lie.
    Wow!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    The only group with a "pricklier" nature, road wise and recording wise, was Led Zeppelin.
    Not to go OT, but this is surprising. I thought they all got along, at least back in the day. Robert’s attitude changed in the 80s, and his ambivalence continues to this day, but in the 70s I thought they were basically in accord. Jimmy’s addiction caused some problems on the ‘77 tour and also during the recording of “In Through the Out Door” but still, he was a very high-functioning addict and his heart and soul was in the band.

Richard Dashut on Twitter has given some insights about this whole debacle.

It's probably easier to just check his account:

https://twitter.com/RichardDashut

Here are the tweets, in case this is checked a long time from now:

https://twitter.com/RichardDashut/st...42973361528832

https://twitter.com/RichardDashut/st...47955595251712

https://twitter.com/RichardDashut/st...01134190051328

https://twitter.com/RichardDashut/st...67731994116096

https://twitter.com/RichardDashut/st...07713576181760

https://twitter.com/RichardDashut/st...16487191986177

The last tweet:
    "I just texted Lindsey your feelings and got an immediate response. He sincerely thanked me for all your messages of support and I could tell it meant a lot to him. Sometimes we need others words of appreciation to get us over the hump and remind us of our own self worth. Thanks."

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    RudieCantFail -- Thanks for posting these! Glad Lindsey is aware there are many fans who are unhappy with his firing.

I'm thinking now that the fight we heard about at the MusiCares gala in February was probably the last straw.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I knew Lindsey would inevitably be hurt by this but it's still upsetting to hear Dashut confirm that Lindsey is in a lot of pain right now. Saying he's "personally crushed" - wow. I feel so bad for him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I knew Lindsey would inevitably be hurt by this but it's still upsetting to hear Dashut confirm that Lindsey is in a lot of pain right now. Saying he's "personally crushed" - wow. I feel so bad for him.
    It's so insane at this stage in their lives with all they have endured and accomplished to pull a money grabbing stunt like this at the expense of someone who deserves far more than a kick to the curb. I am personally disgusted and hope Lindsey goes forward wih his head held high and his vision focused squarely on following his own path. FM shot themselves in the foot and he owes them nothing should they come groveling back and ask him to rejoin the band.

Edited to add

How in the world FM ever thought they could deceive the public and especially fans amd not be judged harshly is beyond me. Yes, Stevie isn't the boss but come now, does anyone really believe this had nothing to do with her?
    Last edited by Dawn; 07-05-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    It's so insane at this stage in their lives with all they have endured and accomplished to pull a money grabbing stunt like this at the expense of someone who deserves far more than a kick to the curb. I am personally disgusted and hope Lindsey goes forward wih his head held high and his vision focused squarely on following his own path. FM shot themselves in the foot and he owes them nothing should they come groveling back and ask him to rejoin the band.
    Word now is that Lindsey wants badly to be back in the band, poor guy.

How in the world FM ever thought they could deceive the public and especially fans amd not be judged harshly is beyond me. Yes, Stevie isn't the boss but come now, does anyone really believe this had nothing to do with her?
    They must think we're suckers, or underestimated the fans' regard for Lindsey, or both.

Many fans won't accept a Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham... many more than they anticipated, I'm betting.

#BringBackLindsey

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It definitely has something to do with Stevie. After Lindsey's wife said it had nothing to do with touring schedule, I definitely believe now it had something to do with that fight in February because he was let go not long after MusiCares. Probably a week or two later.

I feel bad for Lindsey, but on the positive side. He can do whatever music he wants to now without 4 people telling him we're not going in that direction.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley