Page 109 of 148 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

I hate the fact that it’s a farewell tour, and they couldn’t just let stuff go one last time. I’m still going to see them but seriously? They couldn’t just fix this issue so they can have one last tour in their lives? The pettiness of this is just ridiculous. If anything was worth kicking Lindsey out it would be the domestic violence, not some dispute over an album or whatever issue it was. It reflects poorly on them to tolerate violence for the sake of keeping the band together but a typical band dispute lead to kicking LB out.

Hmmm. Don’t we know a guy who was with a band for over 40 years and got fired because of a dissagreement over touring and money?

I think we know some one who went through this exact same situation can anyone help me out?

I can’t remeber but it was back in 2001. I can use some help

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't know. A lot of Stevie fans are very into her personally as well as her music, much more so that Lindsey, Christine, Glenn, or Don. Nobody goes and tries to dress like them, for instance, lol. That is a difference between her personal following and that of Lindsey, and I think what caused her to have the kind of power that made them choose her when she issued her ultimatum - that and the fact that she had a far more successful solo career.

Still, I imagine they'd try to replace her, anyway!
    I agree but think anything is possible and would not rule it out. They could both be gone and with name brand replacements that come attached with their own built in fan base who knows. Classic rock fans have shown a willingness to settle for less as long as the songs/music they loved still makes them feel good. Then you add in the younger fans who are not into it for purely sentimental/nostalgic reasons and the formula works.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I agree but think anything is possible and would not rule it out. They could both be gone and with name brand replacements that come attached with their own built in fan base who knows. Classic rock fans have shown a willingness to settle for less as long as the songs/music they loved still makes them feel good. Then you add in the younger fans who are not into it for purely sentimental/nostalgic reasons and the formula works.
    Yeah - I gotta agree with this. Seems like nothing is sacred anymore. As long as long as people are willing to pay their hard earned money to settle for inauthenic name brands, anything is possible. Irving has found the new normal for making money. That, of course, is much more preferable than doing the honorable thing, which would be to ...

RETIRE THIS BAND!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Hmmm. Don’t we know a guy who was with a band for over 40 years and got fired because of a dissagreement over touring and money?

I think we know some one who went through this exact same situation can anyone help me out?

I can’t remeber but it was back in 2001. I can use some help

I am sorry, but Don Felder was not with the Eagles for '40 years'. He joined in 1974. They split up in 1980. So that's six years. They reformed in 1994 & he was fired in 2001. That's seven years. That is a total of 13 years. Even if you wish to include the 14 years they were apart, that is only 27 years, and I think to do so is totally misleading.

Furthermore Felder had nowhere near the importance to the Eagles as Lindsey Buckingham had to Fleetwood Mac.

And also, his firing was due to disagreements over money, but not touring. The situation is not remotely similar. I don't even know if this is about money. From what I've read it doesn't seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I am sorry, but Don Felder was not with the Eagles for '40 years'. He joined in 1974. They split up in 1980. So that's six years. They reformed in 1994 & he was fired in 2001. That's seven years. That is a total of 13 years. Even if you wish to include the 14 years they were apart, that is only 27 years, and I think to do so is totally misleading.

Furthermore Felder had nowhere near the importance to the Eagles as Lindsey Buckingham had to Fleetwood Mac.

And also, his firing was due to disagreements over money, but not touring. The situation is not remotely similar. I don't even know if this is about money. From what I've read it doesn't seem to be.
    Clearly you don’t understand sarcasm . Also don’t give me a lecture. Relax
    Last edited by travlnman2; 04-10-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Ironic. Wasn't it Lindsey Buckingham who hired Stevie Nicks to front his band, originally?

Stuck on the Border

Apparently Fleetwood Mac is "about an amazing collection of songs". Something familiar about this...It seems to be a favorite excuse these days to suggest that people who wrote and recorded the music and/or performed it for years don't mean zip - it's all about the music. Kiss, on the other hand, is "all about the characters" now. Not at all about Simmons, Stanley, Thayer, Singer, Frehley or Criss.

Anyway, I hope Neil Finn sees this only as a bit of fun, since he doesn't need to be playing someone else's songs.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-10-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I can see him going "Well, I know people might say Lindsey Buckingham is irreplaceable, but if we were able to sell the Eagles without Glenn Frey..."
    With the two pieces of bands left, I can hear Azoff say: I know what I can do! We'll call them The Fleetwood Eagles!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    With the two pieces of bands left, I can hear Azoff say: I know what I can do! We'll call them The Fleetwood Eagles!
    I hope he will never hear about this. ("Why didn't I think of that??")