Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Did anyone stay up late after the SuperBowl to watch the new version of "24"? It was very good I thought, exciting. Another episode is on tonight.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I DVR'd it since it was on so late and I was just tired afterwards. I loved the original "24" and excited to check it out.

ETA: Just watched the first episode and really liked it!!! Feels like the old show and liking the new characters and mystery. Didn't know if they would work without Jack Bauer but good so far. Looking forward to episode 2 tonight and when Tony Almedia comes back.
    Last edited by buffyfan145; 02-06-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I've recently binge-watched 'Witless' on BBC3 and found an amusing and interesting sit-com. Warning to anyone who doesn't like cliff-hangers at the end of a series: This series has them.

I've watched some of 'Santa Clarita Diet'. Interesting show, but it certainly is very dark comedy.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    ETA: Just watched the first episode and really liked it!!! Feels like the old show and liking the new characters and mystery. Didn't know if they would work without Jack Bauer but good so far. Looking forward to episode 2 tonight and when Tony Almedia comes back.
    It felt like the original show to me too. I hate to let you down, but I didn't see Tony Almeida in the second episode.

That's ok as I figured he wasn't in episode 2 yet as his casting came out well after they started filming. He was in the ads though so it should be soon.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Did anyone watch Legion? Yes, I know it's another superheo series but, going by the first episode, it's quite different to all the others. I found it fascinating and if they can keep it up, it could be something quite special. The reviews are stellar.

The trailers also showed Albert getting extremely jealous of Lord M and how Victoria trusts him more than her soon to be husband. I'm going to read Daisy's novel after the first season ends on PBS but I've heard the book has more than what the show has, but Daisy did write in this triangle kind of similar to how Phillipa Gregory has done with some of her Plantagenet/Tudor novels, movies, and mini-series and the CW TV series "Reign".

Again I'm more of a shipper (fan of various romantic relationships) and love romantic twists like this if it's pulled off well but I'm clearly noticing what Daisy did with the writing and Jenna Coleman & Rufus Sewell's acting. Plus, there's rumors Rufus might be in season 2 as Lord M, when he wasn't that much involved after the time period season 1 covers. So they really aren't paying that much attention to historical accuracy.
    Also loved Victoria and not surprised that Jenna and Tom are together in real life. Read a coffee table book on the series with lots of Victoria's letters in it that I got from the library. Very interesting.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...is-fimmel.html

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I was about to come here and post this. I'm soo happy that This Is US will be with us until 2019, but I hate its only 18 episodes. That means it will end way before May where most shows ends.

In UK, it's been moved from 10 pm to past 11. Wonder if it's viewing figures. So much better than the rest they have on.

SS
    xx

Even though I don't watch "The Walking Dead" I am a fan of Jeffery Dean Morgan and have seen how other TWD fans love him on there. He does have a huge fanbase especially with us women who loved him on "Grey's Anatomy" and some films (me) and others who love him from playing the 2 main characters' dad on "Supernatural". So a lot of it is love for JDM not his character.
    Didn't get the JDM appeal till I saw him in The Good Wife. Then I had to admit he was pretty damn sexy.

SS
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    Also loved Victoria and not surprised that Jenna and Tom are together in real life. Read a coffee table book on the series with lots of Victoria's letters in it that I got from the library. Very interesting.
    I loved the show so much and I'm very excited for season 2!!! They're filming now and ITV/PBS did reveal it will cover the entire 1840s so it's going to cover a lot of things and will make for some really good drama. I did see about that book and will have to look into. I'm reading the historical fiction novel the show is based on now and loving it, especially since I do ship Victoria a bit more with Melbourne than Albert (but I ship both LOL). Plus, Rufus Sewell did confirm he's going to be in season 2, just as a guest star but that's going to be emotional since it more than likely will be to write in his character's death. I'm also catching up on some of Rufus' other shows & movies and loved his Italian detective miniseries "Zen" and looking forward to finally watching his other current show "The Man in the High Castle".
    ~*Amanda*~