Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Same here, Dreamer, except I also have to budget for Fleetwood Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. Yikes!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Hi folks,

just wanted to tell you a bit from the Keith show in Hamburg yesterday.

Wow, it was just fantastic and mind blowing. Almost better than the Eagles show last year. But this would be comparing apples with oranges. Totally different shows. I can say the Eagles and Keith were the best concerts I've ever seen in my whole life.

We were waiting for 4 hours in front of the venue but that wasn't bad because we met a few guys from our German board and we could listen to the soundcheck so time went by really fast.

As I already said it was a smaller club with 1200 people and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. We got 4th row and had a great view on the stage.

We were glad the opener Kim Frank wasn't there and didn’t open for Keith so we could enjoy two guys from his band (Jerry Flowers and Chris Rodriguez, our Keith fans Maleah and Brooke sure know who they are ) and both did a great job. They were playing for almost an half hour and did a couple of cover songs.
    But I have to say I was a bit impatient because I wanted to see Keith.

At 22 pm finally Keith entered the stage and he charmed me from the first song. Wow, what a man! I couldn’t get my eyes off him most of the time, I was overwhelmed with his charisma, the way he moved while he was singing and playing guitar. He was sweating so much you could see the sweat running down his arms and across the guitar.
    Speaking about guitars... he changed the guitar to every song and I knew his guitar playing is just brilliant but I didn't know it is that good.

One time he made a little mistake on the lyrics to Can’t Stop Loving You and he laughed out loud about himself. That was so funny and cute. I love it when he laughs in that way. And he laughed a lot in that show.

In between he read the signs and one girl were lucky to get his attention with the her sign (don’t know anymore what was written on it) and he jumped from the stage, came over to that girl, hugged and kissed her on her cheek and posed for a photo. That was so awesome because we were standing only 2 meters away so I could see him pretty close. I noticed his eyes, skin, lips, hair...wow, that man looks so good and sexy.

The whole band had so much fun doing this show you could see it.
    People were singing along every song and didn't want to let him go. He came back 3 times for encores and dedicated one song to his wife.

After 2 hours he left the stage. Now I’m suffering from serious withdrawal symptoms but today I bought my ticket for the Hamburg show in October so have something to look forward to.

Oh, and I caught a guitar pick, sadly not Keith's but from Jerry.

Wow!!! That sounds fantastic, EF! You are so lucky to have seen him. I'm glad it was a good show and that you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for the report!
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

Thanks for telling us about that concert, EF. It sounds terrific!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, EF! Sounds like you had an awesome time! How cool to catch a pick no matter who's! And he came out in the crowd and was only a couple meters away?! How did you control yourself?!

I would have died and gone to heaven right then!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Woohoo!!! I'm so glad you got to experience Keith live! Luckily for you, you were MUCH closer than I was.........but with Keith you enjoy him no matter where you are. That's really cool though that you got a pick from Jerry! I loved him when he was here! so cool and talented!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Wow, EF! Sounds like you had an awesome time! How cool to catch a pick no matter who's! And he came out in the crowd and was only a couple meters away?! How did you control yourself?!

I would have died and gone to heaven right then!
    To be honest I don't know. All what I know is it was wonderful.
    I haven't written all my impressions because it would fill a whole page here. Only one thing: After the soundcheck Jerry and Chris came out to us and some of us took the chance to get photos and autographs. Both are cool guys.

I don't have time today on work I just wanted to post some photos:

Jerry and Chris, the did the following songs:

Roll To Me (Del Amitri)
    Raspberry Beret (Prince),
    Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley),
    Summertime
    Sara Smile (Hall & Oates),
    Sign Sealed Delivered (Steve Wonder)

... and the crowd:

Very nice pics EF! I especially like the ones with the gold guitar!

I thought it was really cool of Keith when we saw him, because he let all of his band members do song on their own about midway through (I think he had to go to the bathroom though ) and then came out and played drums while Jerry was singing his. I shouldn't have been suprised, as some of the backup singers for people have better voices than the main act, but his band all had great voices! We (my brother, niece, and I) especially liked Jerry (seems like I'm saying his name a lot lol )

Did he do the same with you EF? Or did he just have them "open" for him?

No Maleah, he didn't. I think since Chris and Jerry opened for him they decided not to do this.
    I didn't know the song "Hallelujah" before and while Jerry did that song, I had tears in my eyes, honestly. That was so moving, you can't imagine. Same for "Got It Right This Time". That was the song Keith dedicated to Nicole. I had to control myself not to cry.
    Raining On Sunday was done in a very emotional acoustic version by Keith alone on stage... and he let us sing a lot of the lyrics.
    "Better Half" was an acoustic version too, but with the whole band, they played that song with 5 guitars. That reminded me of a certain band.

I think he was better than ever. A lot of people who had seen him before said that. It was a perfect! concert, the best sound I've ever heard, Keith pure, wild, honest and emotional.
    I better stop here. But you're absolutely right Jerry is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    No Maleah, he didn't. I think since Chris and Jerry opened for him they decided not to do this.
    I didn't know the song "Hallelujah" before and while Jerry did that song, I had tears in my eyes, honestly. That was so moving, you can't imagine. Same for "Got It Right This Time". That was the song Keith dedicated to Nicole. I had to control myself not to cry.
    Raining On Sunday was done in a very emotional acoustic version by Keith alone on stage... and he let us sing a lot of the lyrics.
    "Better Half" was an acoustic version too, but with the whole band, they played that song with 5 guitars. That reminded me of a certain band.

I think he was better than ever. A lot of people who had seen him before said that. It was a perfect! concert, the best sound I've ever heard, Keith pure, wild, honest and emotional.
    I better stop here. But you're absolutely right Jerry is amazing.
    I'm positively giddy that you got to see him!! I know how much you wanted too..........so I'm glad we are now fellow Keith concert goers

I don't think I've heard "Hallelujah" either. I'll have to go listen to it and see if it rings a bell. I don't remember what songs Jerry sang during our concert so I guess it could have been it.

Dang it........if I didn't have to go to work I'd re-read your summary and look at the pics again :P lol