Page 96 of 148 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

I'm really looking forward to this album and how it sounds. It's an interesting combo and would be cool to see but they aren't coming anywhere close to me.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I was so busy talking about the shows I didn't even comment on the album!

As I said earlier, I really like "Sleeping Around the Corner." I hope Christine has reigned in Lindsey's desire to overproduce, and he's helped her mix it up a bit (a lot of her songs, while pleasant, sound pretty similar). Since Stevie was largely absent during the recording of Tango in the Night, we might get more songs in the vein of that album. "You and I Part II" is pretty much just Lindsey and Christine. However, that was 30 years ago... their styles have probably changed somewhat since then! Lindsey still likes to play with his tech toys, though.

We'll just have to wait and see!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I like your concert setlist suggestions, Soda! It would be fun, if "Go Insane" was in there somehow. I'm referring to the one from like 2008/2009 that was more similar to the album version, not the solo guitar one.

I hope to head out to at least one of them. It's either going to be the one in Middle of Nowhere, California (Murphys) or Las Vegas, since my folks haven't been there since 2003.

Do you think that they may sell out quickly for those locations or no? I know that Henley didn't sell out at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, CA last July.

Also, I like their opening act (can't think of the exact term), The Wallflowers. They'll more than likely than not play "One Headlight" and something else from that album. I hope they include some songs from their more recent album, Glad All Over. I liked "Reboot the Mission."

Banned

Tango In The Night has just been re-released in deluxe format. That's the album that Lindsay played a huge part in it's creation but didn't do the tour and Stevie was largely absent throughout it's production so it's a prime album for a Buckingham / McVie revisit.

Is there anything on the last three Fleetwood Mac albums that would be worth unearthing?
    I was quite fond of Hollywood (Some Other Kind Of Town) when I heard it on the radio. With the focus firmly on Lindsay and Christine, You And I (Part II) is the track I'd love to hear.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Thanks Nancy for your thoughts on potential setlist selections. I've pre-ordered their album and look forward to seeing them live.

The new single from the Buckingham-McVie album was released today. It's called "In My World." It may take a few listens for it to grow on me but it's not bad.

http://pitchfork.com/news/72870-list...ocial_facebook

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Interesting. It's a nice song but a bit overproduced.

"In My World" sort of reminds me of "Time Bomb Town" in terms of the guitar sound. I'm not saying they sound alike, but Buckingham tends to repeat some sort of patterns in his work. Sorry that I sound so wishy-washy/not confident in my statements and observations.

30 years ago yesterday, Tango in the Night was released. I have to admit. I mostly loved the singles Fleetwood mac put out, but never really listen to the other songs on their albums.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The vocal on the new song reminds me of Big Love, in that Lindsey is doing that female sound to his own vocal. The song is good but the artificial, inorganic sound is off-putting. It's definitely current though. I hope it does well.
    I'd love to see a Buckingham McVie show, tho I'll have to travel as they're not playing anywhere near me.