Page 7 of 166 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    I hope this is not 'Fake News' but interesting that Irving didn't deny the reports.
    Him being "surprised" but not denying it: what do you suppose that means - that an agreement was reached, but it wasn't supposed to be made public yet? I wouldn't think that Azoff takes that sort of thing lying down.

Border Rebel

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I have mixed feelings about this, and am surprised they would do it so soon after Don and Timothy stated publicly that it would be wrong to reform under the Eagles name (or something to that effect, I don't have the exact quotes in front of me). I guess time will tell.

I don't mean this to be disrespectful, but does anyone know if Cindy now owns half the Eagles? As far as I understand, Joe and Timothy are members of the Eagles band but not the Eagles company. I was just wondering how that would affect decision-making.

Out on the Border ambulance girl's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Eagles.... 3.0

just my opinion, but I
    hope like hell this isn't real. last year when they started talking about who would be playing at these concerts, it was just Henley. IDK when or even if it really changed. I am waiting to hear confirmation or denial from DH. to me, there is NO eagles without Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by ambulance girl View Post
    just my opinion, but I
    hope like hell this isn't real. last year when they started talking about who would be playing at these concerts, it was just Henley. IDK when or even if it really changed. I am waiting to hear confirmation or denial from DH. to me, there is NO eagles without Glenn
    I feel the exact same way ambulance girl!!!

Even if the event never materializes, it sure has ignited a firestorm of speculation and given us hope. Hope will help you cope! I'm no dope-I choose hope! Hope that ticket prices will be less than the national debt. Hope that we don't have a July like we did in '06 during the infamous North American heat wave which is a good possibility here in SoCal when those Santa Anas come-a-calling.

I've got High-hopes, High apple pie, in the sky Hopes!

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC

Last edited by carol7lynn; 03-04-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I think this whole thing sucks, and completely contradicts everything Don has said over the last year. I can't imagine any reason why this needs to happen other than money, which none of them hurts for. However, I will join those who are waiting for confirmation until I expound further.

if the guys were doing a concert billed..not as the Eagles...but as Don Henley, Joe Walsh, and Timothy B. Schmit...as a tribute to Glenn...to benefit a charity of his...I would have no problem...in fact I hope this does happen some day...they could tape it..and sell a DVD of it...would sell like hot cakes!...but for them to do a concert as The Eagles...to line their own pockets some more...is totally unacceptable to me!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I think we might know more about it today.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Banned

I think it's great news. Hell Freezes Over contradicted many statements by band members over 14 years but I haven't heard much criticism of that U-turn ... and if they are back in business, I want the Eagles to be a business, not a charity.

I'm not bothered at all by the billing but as the vast majority of Eagles fans aren't as fanatical as the ones that visit this site, I presume that, to sell as many tickets as possible, the word "Eagles" will be on the billing, prominently.

I think Eagles 3 is actually a decent possible moniker. Not so sure about Threeagles though.

I wont be attending either of the reported concerts but I'd certainly be there if they announced a date locally, whatever they were billed as, as long as the price wasn't grossly extortionate.

At the moment, I'm hoping for, nothing more than, an updated, Eagles compilation CD, ie including some Long Road Out Of Eden or solo stuff.
    Even just the concert speculation increases the likelihood of that happening this year.

Stuck on the Border

Hi all, I am new to the board, although I have been a "lurker" after discovering this site last year after Glenn's passing. I was a child of the 70's - my HS and college years. Been an Eagles fan since 1972 when I first heard TIE on the radio. I guess that makes me an "oldster" here. lol.

I was also very surprised to hear this too. Especially since Don gave numerous interviews saying they would never perform again. However, I have read recent interviews by all three stating they missed performing together, so I am not surprised by this. If this is true, I would hope they donate their precedes to a RA/UC foundation in memory of Glenn.

I live about about an hour to hour in a half away from Citi Field. However, as someone else stated, I think the ticket price would break the bank for this show. Also, sitting in a stadium in July in New York can be brutal, depending on the weather. Last summer was one of the hottest on record, so if that happens again it could be well into the 90's then. I don't know if I could handle that.

Best wishes to all,
    Tina