Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump's Inauguration

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Trump's Inauguration

Nugent would do it. There - problem solved for you, Mr. Trump. Please put my check in the mail.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

From what I've read so far only a teenager who was on "The Voice" is singing the National Anthem and that other musicians have denied requests which I expected.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

According to The Wrap, Irving Azoff is involved in trying to get talent to play the inauguration!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wrap
    Two Hollywood insiders, who asked not to be named, said they were told directly by an international music superstar that both Azoff and Foster had called him several times in the last month to try to persuade him to perform at the January 20 festivities.

The singer, a longtime liberal, demurred, saying there was no way he would agree to the gig.

Reached by phone, Azoff declined to comment and referred questions to his publicist. His publicist did not return calls or an email.
    Wonder what Don thinks of that?

(Personally, I don't care who plays at Trump's inauguration. I don't do the whole "I'll only listen to your music if you agree with my political views" thing.)

Update: Azoff denies having "official" role

Two hours ago, a statement was issued about this matter (I guess word got back to Azoff that "no comment" looks likes "it's true but I'm embarrassed to admit it")

From Yahoo news:

Quote Originally Posted by Yahoo News
    Efforts by team Trump to secure music talent for his inauguration as President on Jan. 20 -- and enlisting top industry insiders to help book those performers -- do not include Irving Azoff, the manager tells The Hollywood Reporter.

Despite a recent article stating that Azoff and veteran producer David Foster were recruited to wrangle music acts for the D.C. event (the latter later denied his involvement), Azoff says he has no "official" function or responsibilities related to the inauguration plans. But, like always, he happily fields calls related to all manner of performances involving his clients (among them: The Eagles, John Mayer and Jon Bon Jovi) and others.

"The inauguration is a celebration of our democracy," says Azoff. That it's "scaring off" potential performers -- among them: Andrea Bocelli, suggested by Steve Wynn, and Garth Brooks, both of whom reportedly considered the gig but backed out -- he says is a shame, though understandable when you "look at what happened to the Dixie Chicks" after they criticized then-President George W. Bush's stance on Iraq back in 2003. "And that was just country radio," says Azoff, a longtime liberal, suggesting that the stakes are higher if perceived as a Trump endorsement, "even though President Obama and Hillary Clinton have already taken the high road."
    I interpret this as Azoff saying that he'll pass along to his clients an invitation from Trump, but that he has not been asked to recruit people to play for Trump's inauguration. Of course, there is some wiggle room there in terms of what is stated vs. what is only implied.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I wonder where all those celebrities and singers who voted for Trump? I would think they would jump on the bandwagon in a heartbeat to play for his inauguration.

No way. They're afraid of the backlash.

Think of all the hate that will be directed their way by the entertainment community, which is overwhelmingly (and often extremely) liberal. They'd call the artists playing the inauguration "deplorables" and fling at them all of the other highly charged epithets they use for Trump supporters: "racist", "homophobe", etc. Heck, many of the few conservative musicians outside of the country / Christian contemporary genres are afraid to even admit they're conservative publicly, much less demonstrate it on a world-wide scale.

This is especially true since as far as I can tell, there are few conservatives who felt strongly that Trump was the best candidate. It was more "Well, he's not Hillary" and "Well, he's the lesser of two evils."

An artist might be willing to brave the wrath and scorn of the more extreme liberal colleagues / fans if the candidate was one that he/she truly believed in, but if the vote was a reluctant one... not so much.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Is anyone surprised by this? Musicans tend to be Liberal. I am not.

But can you Imagine if Woodstock was Pro Establishment and Pro War?

Just heard KISS denied to play for the inauguration. Good for them... Trump stands for everything wrong right now and he is a repulsive individual. #notmypresident doesn't even begin to cover it. Absolutely horrible choice.

DJT is going to be hard pressed to find quality music to be played at his inauguration. I think other than maybe Ted Nugent and Kid Rock, who both are picture perfect for that, as they are in that group with him, IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Just heard KISS denied to play for the inauguration. Good for them... Trump stands for everything wrong right now and he is a repulsive individual. #notmypresident doesn't even begin to cover it. Absolutely horrible choice.

DJT is going to be hard pressed to find quality music to be played at his inauguration. I think other than maybe Ted Nugent and Kid Rock, who both are picture perfect for that, as they are in that group with him, IMO.
    It looks like you can add Mike Love's, The Beach Boys to that list, or maybe Trump has said he's not that desperate.

Unless there is some unprecedented ( ) Jiggery Pokery, Trump will be President of America. Hashtags aint gonna stop him. The fact that many republicans dislike him as much as the democrats means that he'll be spending the next five years searching for friends.

Thanks for the Irving intrigue Sodascouts

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It looks like you can add Mike Love's, The Beach Boys to that list, or maybe Trump has said he's not that desperate.

Unless there is some unprecedented ( ) Jiggery Pokery, Trump will be President of America. Hashtags aint gonna stop him. The fact that many republicans dislike him as much as the democrats means that he'll be spending the next five years searching for friends.

Thanks for the Irving intrigue Sodascouts
    Oh I don't think that hashtag will keep him out of office, it's more of a personal thing in that I will never refer to him as my president. To me he hasn't done anything worthy of President "". For me I will never think of him in the same way I have other Presidents. I just wont do it. Will it keep him out of office, no, but it's something for my personal choice that I don't see him in a Presidential light.