Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cars

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: The Cars

Thank you Soda. I was actually getting ready to PM you and ask if you would do that.

I've listened to Blue Tip 3 times in a row and just played it for Larry. His eyes got all big and all he could say was "WOW"!! It's like listening to any of the old Cars albums.

I've been on Cars cloud 9 all day since I started my day by preordering my album and cd. And now this. I actually got all emotional while placing the order, again while on my Benjamin Orr forum which is of course, all abuzz with the goings on and again when I got the YouTube video emailed to me a bit ago. It's really bittersweet knowing Benjamin isn't here for it all but somehow I bet he's been a part of the whole process. 24 years to wait for a new Cars album is a long time (not quite 27 like my last long awaited album) but it is going to be so worth it if the rest of the album is anything like Blue Tip!!!

I can't tell you how excited I am! You're right FP, it's another LROOE for me!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Here's a link to an interview with Ric Ocasek from just a couple of days ago about the new album coming out if anyone's interested!!

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_act...dzhtNEpFQlE9PQ

Love towards the beginning when he says that he never would have ever considered bringing someone in to replace Benjamin. He also says that if Benjamin had been with us, he would have sang at least half of the songs on the album.

Here's an interview with Benjamin from 1986 on Rockline right after the release of his solo album The Lace.

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_act...T00xUUJjR0E9PQ

Just announced on their Facebook page....

5/10/11 Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo
    5/12/11 Los Angeles, CA - Palladium
    5/13/11 Oakland, CA - Fox Theater
    5/15/11 Denver, CO - The Fillmore
    5/17/11 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
    5/18/11 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre
    5/20/11 Toronto, ON - Sound Academy
    5/23/11 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
    5/25/11 New York, NY - Roseland Ballroom
    5/26/11 Boston, MA - House of Blues

I think I know of at least one girl who's going to be heading to the Windy City in about six weeks...

(they sure waited 'til late to announce them, didn't they?)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

New interview with Elliot Easton about the new album, the tour and Benjamin.
    http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...ke-this-426673

Love this part in particular:

So once David found out that it was to be the original band – of course, Ben couldn't be involved – he was interested.
    "Then he was interested, yes. Obviously, as you said, Ben couldn't be involved. When it came time to think about working together as The Cars, there was never any question that it would be just the four of us. We weren't going to bring anyone else in to the band.
    "It was hard not having Ben around. There were many, many times when we all missed him. I remember when we used to do background vocals, for instance - and it was usually Ben, Greg and myself standing around a mic - so during those times on this record when we did background parts, it felt very strange not to have Ben there. There are so many other things, too - his sense of humor, his bass playing… He was just a great guy. Everything about him, everything he did…it was all missed."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Awwww, that's so nice and he sounds so genuine.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Can I say how freakin' excited I am for 2 weeks from tomorrow to get here!?!?!

Hence, the new avi and signature. I made the signature using the newest publicity picture of The Cars but it just didn't feel right without my beloved Benjamin being a part of this also, so I figured he'd make a great avi because he would have been here with the other guys had he'd not been taken from us 10 years ago. This is the first time I've ever had anyone other than Timothy in those spots since joining this board but this is almost like the anticipation that I had for LROOE. I promise it's only for a couple of weeks then Timothy is coming back for sure!!
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 04-27-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Looks good, Willie!

I know it's hard to change av's. Even with the same person! I changed mine of Glenn a while back and didn't recognize myself when I was on the board!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That's so true! When someone uses an avi for a long time, you being to expect to see it by their posts, and it throws you when it's not there. I remember when we were celebrating the release of Tim's Expando and all these folks had Tim avatars - including myself - it was so confusing! lol

BTW I never realized how glam Benjamin was at one point! I'm used to his "Drive" look.

I will probably change my avatar to a Stevie avatar the week her album comes up (which is the week after next).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten