Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Van Morrison

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Van Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    Never got far into his back-catalogue, but I hope to someday. Do love the songs "Domino," "Moondance,"(his best tong by far) and "Wild Night."(John Mellencamp's version sucks ice)
    I am happy to give you recommendations.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I am happy to give you recommendations.
    I'd certainly be interested to hear them.

The only songs I know are his hits, and the only albums of which I have fleeting awareness are ones that have his hits("Astral Weeks," "Blowin' Your Mind," and "Moondance").
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border

Well, if you go back to the first page of the thread you will see my favourite albums & songs.

I would say that Blowin' Your Mind from his pre Astral Weeks days isn't really representative of what he became. It depends - are you interested in the mystical Celtic visionary? If so, Astral Weeks. Jazz & blues flavoured songwriting? Moondance. Return to his Irish roots? Irish Heartbeat. More mainstream FM radio songs? Beautiful Vision or Into The Music, both of which also contain elements of all of the above.