Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
Here's a topic I've wanted to revive. Have been reading a biography of founding member Brian Jones, and it really does pull the curtain back on some of the sordid goings on within the Stones camp. In particular, Mick Jagger comes off as a total scumbag in the way he dealt with both Brian and people who had any appearance of loyalty to him.

Have always preferred the Beatles to the over-rated Stones, but when you listen to the 60's and early 70's period of the band's music, you can easily see why they were so beloved.

Top 5 favourite Stones songs:

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash
2. Let it Bleed
3. Street Fighting Man
4. Honky Tonk Women
5. You Got the Silver
I'm the opposite. I always preferred the Stones to the Beatles though I like quite a number a Beatles tunes but I prefer harder-edged music like the Stones, Zep, Aerosmith, AC/DC, GNR, etc. But, like you said about the Stones, you can't deny their impact, which was even bigger than the Stones. That said, I'm a Stones man.

Brian Jones was a sad, sad story. I do though prefer the Mick Taylor years to the years with Brian Jones or Ronnie Wood. I just like the music better from those years and I'm more into Mick's british blues type playing, where as Brian Jones was definitely more straight up old school blues. Mick was more in the Claptonian type of guitar playing which I dug a lot. That said, I appreciate both types.