Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

We just have to accept that Don Felder for the way he is, just like we have to do so with Don Henley and Glenn Frey.

Felder seems to see almost everything in terms of how it impacts him and finds someone to blame. We all do this to some extent, but Don takes it further. It's a character flaw, but not something than prevents him from being good to fans or being a "nice guy" in most situations.

What I find frustrating is the fans who seem blind to Felder's faults and put all the blame onto Henley and Frey. When they post their unconditional support on his Facebook, they validate his behaviour.

Anyway, good for Don that he is recording new music and performing.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Of course Felder doesn't always make personal comments when he posts those links on Facebook. He lets his fans to the bashing. (Well, IMO )
    Yep. If he just wanted to announce the outcome of the petition, he would not allow comments. It's obvious he wants the comments. By posting it on Facebook, he's basically inviting his fans to show their "support" and sadly, most of them do that by bashing Glenn and Don. Felder does nothing to stop them and thus seems to tacitly approve. Obviously his fans have the impression that their comments please him.

Now that Glenn is gone, Don Henley is bearing the brunt of the ugliness, but there are still plenty willing to kick dirt upon Glenn's grave in the name of "supporting" Felder. They have also started attacking Tim and Joe.

Here are a few gems from the comments to his post, taken from just the first 250 (there are over 1300 at last count but I wearied of reading them). I have posted them unedited, which means there is offensive language. I apologize, but I felt the comments should be left as they are so you can see for yourself what they're like.

While not all of the comments are like this, from the sampling I saw, they make up a considerable percentage.

[WARNING: VULGAR LANGUAGE]

Bruce: "F-k Henley. Frey was a total a-hole. Greedy f'ers. You are Eagles as much or more. What stupidity."

Scott: "Glenn Frey and Don Henley, are the ones responsible for all of the crap, that The Eagles went through. Greedy, arrogant, assholes."

Mellie: "People will find a way to punish Henley. Maybe his Walden Pond project"

Michael: "Henley is a dick. End of story."

Paul: "Glen Frey was a prick. Period."

Murray: "Henley is a cunt"

Chad: "Fuck henley and frey"

Guven: "You are one vindictive gentleman Mr Henley... Probably got a cash register where your soul should be..."

Kevin: "Henley doesn't deserved the title of gentleman...greedy prick is more like it"

Jeff: "#donhenleyisahater"

Frank: "Henley is portraying himself as a self obsessed egotistical cxxt in bed with the management (az)"

Tim: "Seems as if that dirtbag Azoff manipulated things to his benefit. Also Frey was obviously a narcissist who felt threatened by Don Felder and acted accordingly."

Dylan: "horseshit, Don Henley can suck a dick"

Randy: "Don & Glenn turned out to be backstabbing ego-maniacs."

Pat: "I hope Henley doesn't live to regret this."

Paul: "Henly is calling the shots and this just continues my opinion now and when I met him that he is an arrogant egotistical asshole !!!"

Paula: "henley is dispicable.. and everyone should start boycotting his shows and cds...."

Rudy: "Don henley is a big cock! His solo stuff now is irrelevant and has been since 1998. His ego needs to be deflated. He basically flipped off the fans. Bullshit"

Monty: "Don Henley is a horrible human being"

Paul: "Frey and Henley (were) are douchebags."

Mark: "Henley's a Bastard."

Scottie: "Is don Henley that got dam fing stupid!! Fuk you don! You're a washed up hack never was has been that wasnt sh! T without don felder! Eat sh! T and piss off henley"
    As mentioned earlier, it's not just Glenn and Don getting trashed:
    Greg: "Too bad Henley had both testicles removed. And from The sound of it, so did Joe & Timothy. Disgusting."

Mark: "As for T. Schmidt, all he ever did was be in the right place at the right time. His 'contributions' are few and weak."

Peter: "re Schmit. IMHO he just wasn't/isn't the talent that Meisner was. Get a haircut mate and eat some meat."

Kenneth: "joe Walsh Tim scmidt Just ride the originals coattails. Political dumbasses."

Martin: "Aren't Walsh and lil' Timmy brave enough to tell Henley that he's being a dick, or are they dicks too?"

Paul: "Piss on the Kennedy Center and piss on the current Eagles band. Stinking, greedy, arrogant pigs. Yea, Joe Walch is such a poster boy for the band. A drunken/addict, hotel destroying, idiot that never became a partner in the band as Felder was. Absolutelty deplorable. Glenn Frey...Rest In Pi..!"
    Felder isn't even standing up for his "friends" Joe and Tim. He allows ugliness like the above (the last one I quoted was especially appalling) to go unchallenged on his Facebook timeline.

I hope Felder deletes that post. If he wanted validation from his fans, he's gotten it. The post really serves no other purpose but to be a platform for vicious comments about the remaining Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Well, you can't always control what other people say on any forum, unfortunately, some people don't use appropriate filters in their on-line conversation. I'm not sure how reposting so many negative comments on here is helpful on an Eagles site, where there are fans of all 7 Eagles. I'd glanced at that post when it first showed up and saw a lot of positive supportive posts-- the majority of them. Several threads here seemed to turn into a bash of Felder about what he does say or what he fails to say.

I finding it upsetting that three Eagles who were part of the band in its most artistic and productive period are not included in the honors. I feel upset that the current group feels they are "carrying the torch" and aren't honest enough with themselves to admit that the torch was lit a long time ago and every single one of those guys struck a match.

Mostly I'm upset that the best selling, most accomplished American band won't take the high road and allow each member to be honored, that they can't see what a statement they could make by honoring the best of each of them and letting go of the worst. That's what really makes me sad, and it disappoints me that fans want to carry some of the same old wounds and attack each other and Members of the Eagles. JMO

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    But...once again he has his unique way of promoting his recent activities:

"The only responses I would get would be from lawyers. I regret that Glenn and I were never able to sit down, have lunch, have a laugh and dispel that anger. They just didn’t care to do that. I expect that even with Don, it will be that way going forward.”

"They just didn’t care to do that." Yep, if only they had been more civilized.
    It's quite an interesting statement. He could be right that there was a chance that if he and Glenn had bumped into each, they would have been able to laugh and break that tension. And if Glenn had softened, Henley might have followed. I think memories of how it had turned sour before would have prevented them from working together.

My speculation is that although it was Glenn's dislike of Felder that led to Felder being fired and Henley went along with it to keep Frey happy, it was the lawsuit and bad press that turned Henley against Felder. He seems to be a man who values his reputation and being accused of unfair practices would hurt.

Stuck on the Border

Well, the title of the thread is "Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.", so IMO it's fine to talk about what happens on his Facebook page. IMO he should calm those people down and I've said this many times. Some of those offensive comments about Glenn and Don H Soda posted should hurt him - especially ones about his ex-bandmate who is no longer with us.

I understand Eagles7's point well, and personally I'd prefer all the ex-members there too, but those fans are being just plain rude. Plus they know (or choose to accept) only one side of the story.
    Last edited by chaim; 10-17-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Gosh, I guess I see things differently than some of you. To me, Don is simply answering a question from a reporter. It's unfortunate that the same questions get raised over and over, but I don't see how that's his fault. I don't think he is consciously trying to use this answer to "promote" his work.That doesn't make sense to me. I suppose he could tell the media ahead of time not to ask certain questions, but that isn't how he rolls, given the revealing book he wrote. It would seem like he has something to hide if he did so now. If he were to change his answer from the standard one he's been giving all this time, that would probably raise even more questions. I certainly don't take the answer as Glenn being some awful person, just that they were unable to resolve things.

He posted about the KCH petition to let his fans know about the outcome. I don't see how that's so unreasonable. He hasn't made any comment about it that I know of, much less one that is complaining. He has certainly posted about a lot of other things. It seems he's in a really good place in his life and career now but it seems inevitable these issues won't go away, at least as far as the press is concerned.
    I see things the same way Delilah, but it appears we are most certainly in the minority.

Stuck on the Border

People who complain about Felder visit this part of the forum because they are interested in what he's doing. And then they are disappointed when the same old thing keeps coming up in interviews and on Facebook. At least that's my theory. That's how it is with me. So the "why come here if you feel this or that way" is a pointless question IMO. I don't think anyone visits any place in this forum to feel bad. Should one stop reading the papers if one doesn't like people fighting each other?

Having said that I don't enjoy the fact that this seems to be an uncomfortable place for those who are big Felder fans. I will try to remember that when I make posts.

Border Desperado

But why can't you just ignore it? Is it like a car accident you can't look away from and the temptation to make a nasty or passive aggressive remark about Felder, Randy, or Bernie to get a laugh or whatever is just too great?

A lot of us like the former members and would like to be able to discuss what is,going on in their lives without a constant bitchy or sarcastic remark thrown in. You all just ripped Funk 50 a new one, but what you're doing is not much better. It's sad and pathetic. If you don't have anything nice to post, is it so hard to zip it?

Stuck on the Border

Ok, I'll do that.

You guys think that Don and Glenn got the bad end of the stick. That is nothing compared to the undeserved hate Axl Rose has gotten for 23 years the backlash was a spin story from Slash and Duff who made up all the BS lies about him