Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alice Cooper

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Alice Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Agreed.

When I was in England in 1972-73 some of his biggest hits made a huge impression on me; Elected, No More Mr Nice Guy, Hello Hooray, then after that Department Of Youth, Only Women Bleed, Teenage Lament '74 & I Never Cry. The Welcome To My Nightmare & Goes To Hell albums are great (a lot of Goes To Hell where he's sent to hell & meets the Devil is actually very funny). I haven't really listened to him much since then because he seemed to revert to standard heavy metal. He is also a fanatical golfer who makes Glenn's interest in it seem non-existent. When he appeared on Top Gear he talked about the other rock stars from Detroit, including Glenn (Jeremy Clarkson once wrote a column about Bob Seger where he made the crucial error of saying that Don Henley was from Detroit).
    The Alice Cooper Goes to Hell album has also that hilarious song "I'm the coolest". "Only women bleed" is a very moving song about domestic violence towards women. You know this, of course, but I really recommend it to those who don't really know his music.

Stuck on the Border

Alice appeared in Muppets show a couple of times. I find this pretty hilarious; he's singing "You and me" from his Lace And Whiskey album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gEv4HdAcJY

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

LOL I remember that segment on Sesame Street. I have always had a crush on Alice Cooper. I love his music and LOL my favourite song of his is Poision. I have always listened to his music and I always dance to it. I think he is hot in ways. LOL.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Border Desperado

"It's only Rock and Roll, but I like it"

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Love that picture!!!! Thank you for posting it!!! I want to go to one of his concerts so bad!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!