Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

That was interesting. I like the idea of wild swimming but as I don't really like swimming, I've never been tempted. The scenes of the lakes and rivers look so much more inviting that the swimming pools. Well done with the 12km. Do you also swim in the sea?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    That was interesting. I like the idea of wild swimming but as I don't really like swimming, I've never been tempted. The scenes of the lakes and rivers look so much more inviting that the swimming pools. Well done with the 12km. Do you also swim in the sea?
    I swim in the sea when I get there. However, I live about as far inland as it's possible to get in the UK. So, I don't get to the sea very often.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Well done, AT. 12 km is about 7.5 miles - whew!

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Well done, AT. 12 km is about 7.5 miles - whew!
    It's a lot less impressive when you know how much push the current gives

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good job, AT!

I'm not much of a swimmer. My best swimming was done when I was a teenager and was actually lying on the beach and dipping myself once in a while to cool off. I would swim out to a dock and back a time or two. Maybe it was 50 feet from the beach at best.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Wow AT that is impressive!!! I'm not a swimmer either and only just wade in the water, but I love watching the Olympic swimming and have younger cousins that are in the sport in school.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Here is a song I just finished mixing. Its a cover of Knocking Of Heavens Door in the style of Guns N Roses. The guitars are sometimes off beat.

https://soundcloud.com/stephen-masi-...n-heavens-door

I am extremely careful about putting my name in stuff as some troll at a Guns N Roses forum somehow found my social media account and emailed it to trolls. I am minor but he doesn't care

Keep working at it travlnman2. You've got the GnR sound. As you say, perhaps the timing could be better in places. But, that'll come with practice!

I talked to a counselor today about transferring as a junior. I was freaked out b/c I had no clue that I needed CIS 002, which is just a basic computing course (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and basic programming/coding). The closest CSU to me is San Jose State, which is heavily impacted in Business Administration, and that's the one that requires it. 2 other CSUs I'm interested in, Cal Poly SLO and San Diego State, don't require it. I have a 4.0 GPA at my community college, so I figured that it wouldn't be as bad as a setback. It's not as essential, like economics and accounting. But hey, you never know considering how impacted the CSU system is, especially for business. SJSU is notorious for having only an 11% on-time 4-year graduation rate.

I'm at 16 units right now and I'll be 16 units next spring, assuming I'm taking 2nd semester calculus. The 2nd semester calc is just to keep my options open for a UC. So yeah, I don't want to take 20 units at one time. I think it's weird that my CC has it as a 4 unit class, but SJSU has it as a 1 unit lab. I would do winter, but that's filled up by Survey of Film. I took 2 winter classes last year (Film Appreciation and Counseling), and it burned me out for spring. It wasn't hard, but it was a lot of work to do. "You Belong to the City" and "Crockett's Theme" saved my life during that session.

Anyways, I'm planning on majoring in accounting, business info systems, or business analytics. I haven't picked for sure yet, but I'm liking my financial accounting class. At first, I didn't, but I started doing the HW and it came easy to me. If I do well in managerial accounting next spring, I might just major in accounting. If any of you are or were business majors, any advice is appreciated.

@RudieCan'tFail - good luck with sorting out your education.

As someone who works in a university, I'll say: please make sure that you take advantage of all the advice that the educational institutions offer. If your institutions are like ours, there will be people whose job it is to advise students (and potential students) to solve problems like you describe, and you may find that they can help you a lot. Phone up and ask?