Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's book

Default Glenn's book

Hey Frey fans, what do people know about Glenn's memoirs that he revealed in that Tavis Smiley interview. Theres some rumours but wondered what other ppl heard. Be great if it was coming out soon!
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn's book

It hasn't been mentioned since that interview, so I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate on these 'rumours' you have heard about it.

I haven't heard anything new either, I'm afraid.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

If he does write a book one day, I hope it won't in any way be an angry response to Don F's book. No needless Don bashing - only what he feels is necessary to tell the story from his point of view. Don's book contained some unnecessarily shots at Glenn IMO. Also, all the original KISS guys have written books, and they are full of needless shots at the other guys.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-31-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Chaim, I found myself laughing at that. I just can't see Glenn devoting much space in his book to Don Felder. We know Glenn's a "big picture" type who doesn't like to talk about the bad times so I'd expect more about the great ride and how the business works than details of his relationships with band members.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Chaim, I found myself laughing at that. I just can't see Glenn devoting much space in his book to Don Felder. We know Glenn's a "big picture" type who doesn't like to talk about the bad times so I'd expect more about the great ride and how the business works than details of his relationships with band members.
    I find it very frustrating when I notice that an autobiography is basically a response to an autobiography that came before. It makes it less timeless. After several years even the writer probably doesn't feel the same way anymore.

But yeah, Glenn probably isn't like that, but I do feel that in the History of.... documentary Glenn probably showed too much how he felt at the time. Having said that, I think he did praise Don as a guitar player when he talked about Don joining the group. That's the right way to do it IMO.

Also, if Glenn does write a book some day, it won't be a response to Don's book, because there's so many years between the books. I see I'm arguing against myself here, but it's alright. I'll go even further in proving my previous fears unnecessary. I think Glenn should correct certain things in his book - like Don cleverly leading his readers to believe that he played the leads on ICTYW, or Don implying that HC being the first single.

Nice that I made you laugh.

Yes, I would like some misperceptions "cleared up" shall we say; one can do that without sounding reactive if one handles it tactfully.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just saw a photo on the Life in the Fast lane facebook page where he is hanging out with a writer and someone commented it could have something to do with his memoirs, who knows I always got the feeling henley frey were too private for that
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by OntheBorder74 View Post
    I just saw a photo on the Life in the Fast lane facebook page where he is hanging out with a writer and someone commented it could have something to do with his memoirs, who knows I always got the feeling henley frey were too private for that
    I saw that comment but I don't think she's that kind of writer. Glenn has said he reads a lot, so maybe he just liked her book.

If this book should ever happen, would Glenn use a ghostwriter? My instinct is he wouldn't unless it was someone like Cameron Crowe who brings something else to the project.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OntheBorder74 View Post
    As far as I know, the only writer he's 'hung out with' recently was while he was in New Zealand, Eleanor Catton. It's also posted here on the board and on our Facebook page as well. He's a voracious reader and enjoys meeting the authors of books that he's read and liked. I don't see how that translates into a collaboration, since she's not the type of writer to ghost-write a memoir that I can tell. Maybe I missed something, though. Do you remember what writer he was hanging out with?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.