Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I think part of it is that Timothy has been there playing bass and singing background for half the show and then he sings lead on ICTYW and it's "Where did that come from?" He's too good to be just a background singer but that's the nature of the band.

agreed UTW but being the bassist and harmony singer is what he's comfortable with so probably no use messing with that and we can also appreciate the fact that he is capable of singing harmonies on all kinds of songs with all kinds of people so that's where his strong suit is

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeather View Post
    I noticed O'Rourke got several things wrong, the bit about ICTW being Felder's specialty was very odd and I think it's lousy to compare Felder and Timothy because they obviously had quite different roles in the band. It's also very stupid to say " I shouldn't say anything bad" and then write an insulting review. For example making a mean joke about Timothy's hair is just cheap. Concerning Timothy's voice I'd say his is my favorite but probably not the best though I like to think that for some people his is the best. I also agree with Mary about people trying to put Don and Glenn down by overly complimenting Joe or Tim. This brings me to the matter of Joe again. As I've said before I could do with less Joe songs but I don't think whining about it is very useful because it's apparent how big a hit Joe is. As far as reviews go(from what I've read) I find it annoying that reviewers either praise Joe unnecessarily loudly to my taste or put him down which both IMO show lack of perspective. Don and Glenn are the best Eagles have to offer(even if they might be "opinionated pricks") and I'd like reviewers to understand that. Their songs made the band and I can understand people not liking Joe's rough rockers or Timothy's playing/ singing after Bernie's and Randy's softer more country approach in the early days. These are just matters of taste and one is not worse than other as everyone is entitled to have their own.
    I think that when someone praises Timothy or Joe, they usually mean it. I don’t think they do it to belittle Don Henley and Glenn.

Personally, I love Joe. He’s a valuable asset to the band because besides being one of the greatest guitarists in rock history, he’s a great entertainer.

As for Timothy, he often gets dismissed as a singer who mostly appeals to women and has little to offer beyond sappy songs. I think most of his songs are sweet, not sappy. “I Can’t Tell You Why” is a soulful song and a hard one to sing for a man. Timothy has a unique voice and is an outstanding singer. He's often praised for his voice, but he’s still underrated, sometimes even by his own fans.
    Last edited by SilverMoon; 09-30-2014 at 03:36 AM.

I like Timothy and Joe the most as personalities but respect Don and Glenn the most as musicians and songwriter. I believe most of the praise Tim and Joe get is genuine. It's just that some people are simply stupid and over do it or use it against Don or Glenn. Same applies to Felder as well.

Each band member has different talents and roles. I don't think you can say who has the best voice.Like all of us, some nights they are more on top of their game and some not so much (not really).

To me, Timothy's voice is very ethereal. The gentleness of songs like ICTYW, his smile and the sensual way he plays the guitar are some of the reasons he is the favorite of so many women (my self included!). I see how many accomplished musicians, many of whom included TBS in their recordings and concerts, admire his talents. Just look at the clip of Brian Wilson's reaction to TBS' singing. TBS can surprise you as in "White Boy from Sacramento", a fun sing along song.

Glenn's voice has a similar effect. When he sings, it seems to come from his heart. I think he is a great song writer. His humor adds warmth and fun to the show. Another favorite of mine. People are critical of his leadership style but aren't we all very happy with the results?

Joe is an amazing guitar player and adds energy. His voice is unique. When he takes the lead he seems to really enjoy his time in the spotlight. I'm from Jersey, he's from Jersey..I like him..Does anyone know if Joe ever played with Bruce Springsteen?

Don's raspy voice adds depth and power to songs. Personality wise, he can be a little intimidating.

As I have said before , the whole package is magical.

I am really enjoying all the video's, pictures and stories on this site.Thanks for all of your efforts. It rekindled my enthusiasim for the Eagles (which can be expensive!). I will be at the Anaheim and San Diego concerts. So excited!!!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Hi everyone, not a dead sexy TBS pic, but my contribution for the day! Says here Timothy will play with Poco in the Colorado Music Hall of Fame Induction ceremony in Denver on Jan. 9! We shall see. I also put it in the pre-anticipation thread. I am going to hit up the PR peeps in that organization and see if we can get video.

http://m.bizjournals.com/denver/blog...of.html?r=full

Edit: OK, here's a pic! Young Tim on their home page - http://cmhof.org/

Edit: The organization does not list Timothy as one of the performers. I will check with them.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool pictures!

I hope Tim can make it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Here's something from years ago but had some facts I didn't know:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r...b_1180328.html

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-casanova.html

Two short pieces re TBS joining Poco for Colorado Hall of Fame in January:

http://hub.contactmusic.com/story/ea...uction_4516624

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/timot...-hall-of-fame/

Christmas board theme rocks!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-casanova.html

Thanks SS for posting those, glad to hear that he will definitely be joining them for that. Now let's keep our fingers crossed for some video.......