Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poco Reunion for Legacy - why not Timothy?

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Poco Reunion for Legacy - why not Timothy?

It's way late in the night and I just finished reading what seemed like a hundred old interviews from Tim during his Poco days. Wow, what a little personality he had. He was so much more colorful back then. Now, he's so laid back. I wonder how and when the shift occured.

One interview from his teen days asked about his favorite food... hamburgers! The thought of that would probably make him sick today.

Oh how I'd love to have dinner w/this man, just to talk to him about his musical career. What I love is that he seems to "get it". He knows that it's totally cool to be a rockstar and he isn't afraid to say it. He loves the admiration from the crowd... I think he's fantastic!

Where did you find the interviews LTLH?? I've read a few but it's hard to find the older ones as a lot say article or item removed or the link is dead. I agree he would be a great person to talk to and I love to have the chance to do that someday!! He's doing what he always wanted to do and loves doing it so his point is why deny it . I'm not sure when he changed but I've got an idea why. I think it's a protection mechanism he's developed to be able to retain himself as he wants to be. Call it armor if you will but you definitely need something in that kind of enviroment to survive intact or at all. He's taken his share of hits and that has to change a person in some way or other. I expect we see what Timothy chooses to let us see and know of him.

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

Quote Originally Posted by TimothysGirl View Post
    Where did you find the interviews LTLH?? He's doing what he always wanted to do and loves doing it so his point is why deny it . I'm not sure when he changed but I've got an idea why. I think it's a protection mechanism he's developed to be able to retain himself as he wants to be. Call it armor if you will but you definitely need something in that kind of enviroment to survive intact or at all. I expect we see what Timothy chooses to let us see and know of him.

TG, I will PM you with the site I read the interviews on. Soda has spent so much time on her sites that I do not feel right promoting another site on here. I will respectfully disagree w/his change being armour. To me, I think it has more to do with at one time being a front man and then being sent to the side lines... but that is only my opinion. I think once you read the interviews and compare them to his personality now, you'll see where I'm coming from, even if you don't agree.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just call up his assistant and schedule a lunch w/Timothy? I'd be on a plane tomorrow if I could do that!

LTL, it's cool, just post the link here. The existence of other fansites doesn't take anything away from mine; indeed, if the site has good information on Poco, the Eagles, or anything of interest to fans, it deserves to be promoted so that people can enjoy the fruits of their hard work as well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Since I have your blessing Soda, here it is to others who would like it: http://www.geocities.com/klmeps/

I'm sure some others have seen this site... but for those who haven't have fun reading. I just like to hear his thoughts as things were happening...as opposed to hearing things after the fact or in hindsight. TBS had a little edge to him, which I just adored!

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by TimothysGirl View Post
    I expect we see what Timothy chooses to let us see and know of him.
    I think that's how most people are, famous or not.

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    TG, I will PM you with the site I read the interviews on. Soda has spent so much time on her sites that I do not feel right promoting another site on here. I will respectfully disagree w/his change being armour. To me, I think it has more to do with at one time being a front man and then being sent to the side lines... but that is only my opinion. I think once you read the interviews and compare them to his personality now, you'll see where I'm coming from, even if you don't agree.
    I've read all those interviews over the years and think the change has more to do with his growth and maturity than anything else. (Isn't he eating ice cream and drinking champagne while giving one of those Poco interviews?) A guy in his fifties-sixties is going to see things differently than a guy in his twenties. And just look at all the man has gone through since those Poco days. After all, it has been 32 years. I do think that of all the current Eagles, he is the most open in interviews.
    Last edited by tbsfan; 05-02-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    I think that's how most people are, famous or not.

I've read all those interviews over the years and think the change has more to do with his growth and maturity than anything else. (Isn't he eating ice cream and drinking champagne while giving one of those Poco interviews?) A guy in his fifties-sixties is going to see things differently than a guy in his twenties. And just look at all the man has gone through since those Poco days. After all, it has been 32 years. I do think that of all the current Eagles, he is the most open in interviews.

I probably shouldn't have said anything, as over the net things are so easily misunderstood, due to not having a tone of voice to go with your thoughts. Yes, people do grow and mature. After all those years someone should... however, I believe a person's core is who they are and always will be. I'm just saying, I enjoyed his edgier (is that even a word?) side.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I probably shouldn't have said anything, as over the net things are so easily misunderstood, due to not having a tone of voice to go with your thoughts. Yes, people do grow and mature. After all those years someone should... however, I believe a person's core is who they are and always will be. I'm just saying, I enjoyed his edgier (is that even a word?) side.
    Maybe someone should just load him up with champagne and ice cream before interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    Maybe someone should just load him up with champagne and ice cream before interviews.
    Only if I can be the one serving it to him.

Wink Re: Poco Reunion for Legacy - why not Timothy?

Might get some interesting results that's for sure . Not sure champagne and ice cream would do it for me though .

TELL ME WHAT YOU DREAM AT NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING