Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Cold Case
    Remember when the days were long ...

MARCO

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I'm especially bummed that they had to have Shane West on ER get hurt so badly! I really liked him and Neela together.
    That surprised the hell out of me too, Brooke!
    Me Too! He was one of the better actors IMO, and just what Neela needed! They could have made a real go of it
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Davy Jones

I had to laugh at the comment about how short Davy Jones is! I never noticed that as a teen! My friend lives fairly close to his horse farm in Pennsylvania. He gets into town now and then and the locals seem to love him. I was never lucky enough to meet him, so cool for you and your daughter. I can guess who was the most excited! LOL
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Poor Davy - I remember his height was a staple joke on the show - and apparently it was such an issue the producers made him wear lifts in his shoes! Also, before my favorite Monkees song Daydream Believer, he has a little dialog where he asks what number the take is, and everybody in the control room apparently yelled it at him (he'd asked before maybe?) and he says "Alright, don't get upset now. It's 'cause I'm short, I know." lol They included it on the track, much to the dismay of the DJs! Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed either.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Also, before my favorite Monkees song Daydream Believer, he has a little dialog where he asks what number the take is, and everybody in the control room apparently yelled it at him (he'd asked before maybe?) and he says "Alright, don't get upset now. It's 'cause I'm short, I know." lol They included it on the track, much to the dismay of the DJs! Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed either.
    I loved that part of that song, too!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I heard a trivia contest today and they said that The Monkees show premiered on this date in 1966 and that Frank Zappa guest starred on the show. He played a car! How you play a car I do not know!

I was 10 years old back then!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Going back to my post about the two Dons in my life, Johnson & Henley, I Googled them and came up with this review of Don Johnson's album Heartbeat:

Heartbeat [Epic, 1986]
    Is the news that a competent singer has emulated his best buddies' music enough to get him on the cover of Rolling Stone? And what does this album in is Johnson's competence. Tina Turner can make such stuff significant, but Johnson, who rasps through his TV lines, goes clear when he sings. Isn't knowing Don Henley good for anything? C+

Stuck on the Border

I heard a trivia contest today and they said that The Monkees show premiered on this date in 1966 and that Frank Zappa guest starred on the show. He played a car! How you play a car I do not know!

I knew Frank was in the Monkees' movie Head but I didn't know he was on the TV show. I can imagine.

I never watched it. I watched (gulp) the Partridge Family and I had the entire set of bubblegum cards. I had to ditch them before we went overseas in 1972. Then of course I became a fan of David Cassidy's music.

I just wanted to mention a couple of English TV shows.

The British version of The Office. Ricky Gervais was the ultimate manager who had no people skills. The show was cathartic for me once I left work. I realised how futile all that jargon is when people still treat you like crap.

Time Team
    The Worst Jobs In History
    QI (this is a comedy quiz show hosted by Stephen Fry).

I was 10 years old then too, Brooke! Davy was my first big crush.

Then I went on to watch the Partridge Family too, FP.
    Was anybody also a fan of Bobby Sherman on Here Come the Brides?

Stuck on the Border

AAAH! Here Come The Brides! But for me it was David Soul, not Bobby Sherman! I never forgave Bobby Sherman for that awful song Julie Do Ya Love Me (to which the answer was a resounding NO). I still remember the theme song of Here Come The Brides. 'The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle'. On my only visit there it had changed somewhat.