Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Halloween movies

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Favorite Halloween movies

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    AG, you're a rock chick through and through. I believe you were referring to the Hitchcock film The Birds.
    lol. Yup, that's the one.

My History professor did a whole lecture on Halloween this morning. He referenced several horror films, like Halloween, Night of the Living Dead etc, plus the classics. I really enjoyed his class.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Night of the Living Dead makes me very nervous, but I will watch it because it's so well done. Shaun of the Dead is also a good one, as is 28 Days Later. We mustn't slight the British zombies.

I think the zombie film/tv shows scare me because my mind immediately starts to plot how I can get away if I was in that scenario. Maybe horror films with different subject matter don't "involve" me or draw me in as much, for whatever reason.

AG, you're a rock chick through and through. I believe you were referring to the Hitchcock film The Birds.
    AG, LOL...

NMB, yep, good eye. I didn't catch that!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

So Luvy, what scary movies do you like to curl up with? How about "Children of the Corn"?

So Luvy, what scary movies do you like to curl up with? How about "Children of the Corn"?
    I like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Campy stuff like that suits me better than the seriously gorey, bloody stuff. Yuck.
    My husband likes Stephen King. Long ago, I read The Shining, saw the movie, that was enough for me. So, no, I haven't seen Children Of The Corn. Lol... Even though I'm in Kansas. Yeah, I get it. Lol...
    Last edited by LuvTim; 10-28-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I finally watched "Firestarter" today and really liked it!!! I had been meaning to watch it since I know it partly inspired "Stranger Things", which I loved on Netflix, and I can see why as it is somewhat similar with the Eleven character and Drew Barrymore's Charlie and Charlie's father and how they can control things with their minds (Charlie's being able to start fires too). I also loved the father/daughter story with it and I tend to like Stephen King's stories that have more of an emotional side to it and more sci-fi instead of horror. Other King films/shows I've loved are "Stand by Me", "11/22/63", "Under the Dome", "The Green Mile", and now "Firestarter". I am looking forward to finally reading his "Mr. Mercedes" series especially since it's more of the crime drama/detective genre.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Reading this thread has reminded me of films I've enjoyed so much and semi-forgot about, like Practical Magic with the goddess-like Nicole Kidman and the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm surprised that Kristy Swanson didn't have more of a career, she's so pretty and has good comedic timing.
    I like the original Buffy movie too. Charlie Sheen was not complimentary about Kristy Swanson's intelligence, though (they were co-stars in The Chase). That may explain why she didn't make it big. I think she tried to make something of a comeback with that celebrity ice skating competition but her affair with her skating partner probably put a dent in that.

Buffyfan, I have yet to watch Firestarter from beginning to end even though it's been around for awhile now. And I love most of the movies based on Stephen King's books.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

AG, I really love your new vid avatar. Awww...Xxoo.
    Last edited by LuvTim; 10-28-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I liked Kristy Swanson too and she was a good Buffy. But I watched the show first so Sarah Michelle Gellar is Buffy to me (and my username inspiration). But Joss Whedon made both so the movie is still a prequel to the show and the show has so many more characters and storylines. Kristy does still seem to be guest staring in some TV shows more than films, but not probably what could have been.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Halloween is in two weeks so my horror movie binge watching begins...here is my list of must-see films (original version unless otherwise noted):

1. The Shining
    2. The Thing (1982 but the 1951 version is good, too)
    3. Night of the Living Dead
    4. The Haunting
    5. Halloween
    6. Psycho
    7. The Ring
    8. Poltergeist
    9. The Omen
    10. Alien/Carrie (tie)
    I saw “The Others” again recently—great direction and acting, especially by the two children. I love the twist at the end. I’ll have to swap it out with “Psycho” or “The Ring” on my list. “The Others” just seems more Halloween-y.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...