Page 248 of 302 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    AG : That the other agency is going to pick up the 20% Medicare doesn't sounds a bit strange. All my experience with Medicare is that unless you have a secondary paid out of pocket insurance, you are to pay the 20%, I'd double check with a superior in that agency and get that in writing. My parents are on medicare and they have to have the secondary to pay all medical costs. Here's one for ya. I am on disability. I received medicare info. in the mail that says I can pay for medicare, which I don't need to, because I have ins. through my working spouse, but I automatically have part A which is hospitalization and I cannot in any way shape or form decline that. Medicare told me that is an entitlement and I cannot refuse it. To me it's a waste of tax $ because I also have very good hospitalization through my private insurance. There should be some way to decline that if a person doesn't need it. Save the tax $ for people that do need it. Sorry to say it's a broken system in many ways. But I am so thankful for the disability, without that I'd be poverty level. Good Luck.

My life is settling down after remodeling our deck and residing the back of the house. The deck is done, Yah and the siding is just about there. My hubby and son worked so hard on this through the hot summer. Our temps now are perfect. Wake up to about 45 degrees and mid day it's mid 70's. Perfect. Could use a bit more moisture though. It seems that the seasons are a bit ahead of themselves this year. All in all it's a beautiful Rocky Mountain day.
    That's what I figured, but I'd feel more comfortable if the letter for it had come from a federal place instead of a local place. I plan to go by the local DFACS office tomorrow to get a better explanation.

I agree that it's a broken system. I honestly doubt that I'll ever use Part A myself(in 20 years, I've been to the ER only 5 times that I can remember, wheras I go to the doctor about that many times a year). Plus, what do I need with nursing home coverage or hospice care? Even with my disability(mild form of Cerebral Palsy), I should live as long as the average person. Medicare needs to be more individualistic because each person on it has different needs or doesn't need it at all.

And, I'm jealous of that weather!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

AG, guess what I got in the mail today. A Medicare card for Part A(hospital) and also an offer to sign up and pay for Part B (Dr.'s ,etc.). I have wonderful ins. through my husbands Federal employer, thank goodness, and so I called Medicare. I said I surely do not need Part B, I have private ins and I'm income restricted as it is. Ok just sign and return the card. But...I cannot opt out of Part A at all. She said it is an Entitlement. I said well if you want my opinion going into a hospital is a lot more expensive than going to a Dr. It is just crazy. However, I did find out the Part A hospital is secondary to my private insurance. Thank goodness. I don't feel like sharing a room with anyone if I don't have to. LOL. In all seriousness it's a bad system. I too am disabled, but with good Dr. care should also live a active long life. Blessings to you.

Well my remodel is almost finished. The deck is done and so enjoyable. The weather was beautiful up until today, a bit cooler 65. Yesterday 78 and sunny blue skies. Autumn leaves are turning and it couldn't be more beautiful.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

DJ, I got something similar in the mail a few days ago, "Medicare and you 2016". It's the 150 page book about what all Medicare covers and the different options. I read about half of the parts that apply to me, and I wound up getting a migraine headache trying to comprehend exactly what's covered. . Let's just say that I hope that I don't have to go to the doctor or ER. 90% of what's covered is completely useless to me. I need vision(I'm nearly blind without glasses) and dental coverage more than I need cancer screenings, diabetes tests, or cardiovascular disease screenings.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my life. I need to get out of my mom's house because our problems and arguments are starting to take a physical toll as well as a mental toll(it's been doing that for years.) Lately, I've had no desire to want to do anything. No energy, no want to live life or to plan for a better life/future. I've been sick with an almost constant migraine headache for over a week.
    The problems with moving on are numerous. My disability is the main one. (Some minor physical things I can't do or I need help with). The other main problem is that I'm afraid of change. I'm so afraid that I'm willing to put myself through heck rather than try to move forward. It's an irrational fear that I've always had and could never overcome. I can't seem to break out of my shell, and since I've had limited social interactions over the past 4 and a half years(since I dropped out of high school), my shell has gotten even bigger. If I dread going to town to do normal things, how can go to college or hold down a job?
    My uncle has tried to help me, but apart from listening, he can't do much. I need to resolve these issues before doing anything, but I don't know how. Therapy and the like is the obvious solution, but ny mom scoffs at the idea of stuff like that. How do you try to change things for the better when the person you're dependent on think it's a joke and is the cause of some of your problems? How do you move on when you have no plan or options? How do you overcome childhood trauma and mental pain/abuse (that you've had to hide to mentally survive) to become a successful adult? How do you overcome this stuff in a rural area with little/no help?

Gah- I like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown from the stress, anxiety, and anguish. . I feel like I'm bring to hard on myself, but I feel alot of pressure to do great things because of my intellectual abilities. My family has always had high expectations for me, despite the lack of supporting me, and I feel like a failure for not living up to their expectations. Had everything gone right and I hadn't screwed up, I probably would've already been doing college ckasses in high school. I can't seem to get over my past to have a decent present and a better future.

About the only positive thing is that I've had a few more attempts at driving (rural country roads). I'm still far away from getting my license, though.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but I currently feel like I'm going to go nuts or just collapse from the weight of it all.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 10-01-2015 at 08:17 PM.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    DJ, I got something similar in the mail a few days ago, "Medicare and you 2016". It's the 150 page book about what all Medicare covers and the different options. I read about half of the parts that apply to me, and I wound up getting a migraine headache trying to comprehend exactly what's covered. . Let's just say that I hope that I don't have to go to the doctor or ER. 90% of what's covered is completely useless to me. I need vision(I'm nearly blind without glasses) and dental coverage more than I need cancer screenings, diabetes tests, or cardiovascular disease screenings.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my life. I need to get out of my mom's house because our problems and arguments are starting to take a physical toll as well as a mental toll(it's been doing that for years.) Lately, I've had no desire to want to do anything. No energy, no want to live life or to plan for a better life/future. I've been sick with an almost constant migraine headache for over a week.
    The problems with moving on are numerous. My disability is the main one. (Some minor physical things I can't do or I need help with). The other main problem is that I'm afraid of change. I'm so afraid that I'm willing to put myself through heck rather than try to move forward. It's an irrational fear that I've always had and could never overcome. I can't seem to break out of my shell, and since I've had limited social interactions over the past 4 and a half years(since I dropped out of high school), my shell has gotten even bigger. If I dread going to town to do normal things, how can go to college or hold down a job?
    My uncle has tried to help me, but apart from listening, he can't do much. I need to resolve these issues before doing anything, but I don't know how. Therapy and the like is the obvious solution, but ny mom scoffs at the idea of stuff like that. How do you try to change things for the better when the person you're dependent on think it's a joke and is the cause of some of your problems? How do you move on when you have no plan or options? How do you overcome childhood trauma and mental pain/abuse (that you've had to hide to mentally survive) to become a successful adult? How do you overcome this stuff in a rural area with little/no help?

Gah- I like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown from the stress, anxiety, and anguish. . I feel like I'm bring to hard on myself, but I feel alot of pressure to do great things because of my intellectual abilities. My family has always had high expectations for me, despite the lack of supporting me, and I feel like a failure for not living up to their expectations. Had everything gone right and I hadn't screwed up, I probably would've already been doing college ckasses in high school. I can't seem to get over my past to have a decent present and a better future.

About the only positive thing is that I've had a few more attempts at driving (rural country roads). I'm still far away from getting my license, though.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but I currently feel like I'm going to go nuts or just collapse from the weight of it all.
    Hey I understand. Stress and Anxiety does play a lot into any disability you may have. I get stressed from having 2 kids in college one who still lives at home full time at 23, and the fact my Mom passed last year. It is very stressful. All I can say is try and move forward. We have lots of arguments in my home, I try and separate from them because they can tear you up. Surely there must be someone who can help you find a place with rent assistance. We have them here. Last word Take Care Of You. Because I was always taking care of everyone else and it was ruining my health even more. So I quit my job, applied and received disability and now my life is settling down to where I can handle emotional upset better. Chin up Move Forward My Friend.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Unfortunately, very little help exists around here. My town has only about 600 people, and to do anything, you have to go 25 miles minimum. No help exists in my town or county for pratically anything. We have a small doctor's office and a small health department/dfacs office. That's all that there is. The health department only covers stuff like WIC, flu shots, and vaccinations. There is no low invome housing or anything similar. (My dad owned the property that we live on). The help that does exist elsewhere around southwest Georgia doesn't cover my area. I've checked before. I'm pretty much stuck.

My uncle has invited me to try and move back in with him. (I tried it once. ) He lives by himself since his parents died. There's past problems with him (I don't want to say what they are a public forum, but let's just say that they're are part of why I'm in the situation I'm in now). Despite the close bond we have, I didn't feel right there with him when I first tried living with him. I don't think I will now. Plus, he has no internet service and there's no cell phone reception either. That might be a pathetic reason, but if I do want to go to college, I'll need internet service. (There's no library around). Plus, I'm a 20 year old! I crave the internet!

I just don't know. I need a clear path/plan. I want to do it, but I just don't know how. I'm beyond petrified of failure. Plus, like I said, real life support is nearly nonexistent. My mom doesn't care and doesn't want to help. (she's said that so many times)She just wants me out! I've been in this situation for a year now, and nothing has changed

I wish that I could take a break, and clear my head for a while. My health has definitely suffered over the past few years for various reasons. I know that I've got some undiagnosed problems that should be treated, but every time I try to do that, I get the run around. (They couldn't find the problem and won't do anything else to help me).

I'm actually on the verge of being sick right now, probably another round of bronchitis. (Sore throat, headache, chest congestion, achy feeling, coughing). I stocked up on OTC medicine, so hopefully, this time won't be as bad as last time. ( it took 2 months to get over it).

I've tried to get along with my mom. I tried so hard when I was a kid to please her and to be a good kid, but it never worked. I had adhd and by the time I entered middle school, I had depression alongside it. (Death of my dad, troubles with my mom, trouble adjusting to middle school etc). My mom couldn't understand it. She never got understood mental health. She just thought that I was seeking attention, and pratically belittled me over it. That's when the problems got worse. My mom isn't the motherly type at all, and she pretty much abandoned me in every way to spend time "living her life" when I was 13/14/15. I can never forgive her for that. I'm pretty sure that my mom fits the description of a narcissistic mother/person.(she has problems as well) She's "my way or the highway" on everything, even petty little things. How do you deal with someone who wants you to pay attention to them, do things for them, respect them etc, but won't do the same back? Like I said, she's never been there for me. She'd mock or belittle me if I tried to explain my feelings to her. Several times, she's told me to "just go kill yourself". (Um, nice thing to tell your hurting teen who actually had thought about doing that). I had to be her "verbal punching bag"(as I call it). Basically when she was angry or fustrated, I took the verbal lashing of it because I "live here and have to deal with it".

In short, I'm deathly afraid of my mother. Sometimes, she ok and other times, she's not. I never know what to expect. I live here because I don't know of any other option.(I've looked online many times) I've tried speaking to her as an adult, but that just leads to pissing her off and another argument. What do you do? Get the hell out is the obvious answer, I know, but where do I go?

Every time, I do try to move foward, something knocks me backwards.

Keeping my chin up is had to do when I'm haunted by the memories of my past.

I wish that there was a shelter or something that existed here. I probably would've already gone to it.

(This turned out to be way longer than I had intended it to be)
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 10-05-2015 at 12:02 AM.
    -Kim-

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

AG, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I honestly think you need to get out of this environment immediately. If you can't live with your uncle, go to a town where surely there is a shelter. Talk to a counselor at the college. Maybe they would have a suggestion. No other family or friends that can help you? Surely there is someone. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    AG, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I honestly think you need to get out of this environment immediately. If you can't live with your uncle, go to a town where surely there is a shelter. Talk to a counselor at the college. Maybe they would have a suggestion. No other family or friends that can help you? Surely there is someone. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    As long as nothing comes up, I should be applying for college next month, and then maybe I could get some help. I've been wanting to do that the opposite way, help then college, because I don't know if I handle the strain of the college at the moment, but that looks to be impossible. If I apply and get accepted (which should be no problem academically), I can see what kind of help they offer. Medicare does cover mental health (diagnosis and some forms of treatment, like therapy), so I do have that.

Getting to a shelter would be the problem, since I have no car or driver's license, and taxis/public transportation doesn't exist here. I only know of 1 in Albany, and it's usually pretty full. That's the only one I know of within a 70 mile radius of where I live. There's places that help kids with problems, but not adults.

As for family, I don't really have any that are close. My grandparents are tapped out $ wise and don't have room for me to live. My brother is estranged from the family and he's in Texas (he refuses to even speak to my mom after the things he suffered and endured). I'm not close to anyone else in the family. Either they don't care much or live too far away. Most don't like my mom, so I suffer because of it. I have godparents (whom I love dearly), but they stay too busy and have too much company for me to live with them. I don't have any friends. I was a loner growing up, and I never made many friends. Since I've pretty much put myself in a shell, I don't have any anymore.

ETA: I do have some good news. I was approved for a Medicare drug plan for those with limited income(extra help is what it's calked). Basically, I won't have to pay more than $4 for prescription drugs. That's a good thing for sure!
    -Kim-

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I am looking forward to a few days of vacation beginning this evening. One of our nieces is getting married in Asheville, NC this Saturday and we are taking a few extra days to enjoy the Smokey and Blue Ridge mountains along the way! Happy dancing here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Rest assured AlreadyGone95, it'l all fall into place in time.

For family you have us and our Eagles!

Everyone runs into problems. The happy ones are those who pay more attention to the good moments in life. I used to feel sad and lonely for as long as I could remember. My insurance approved home care last year, and I now have a C-care nurse (C-care is a home health care service here in Toronto) for 3 hours every day to help me with the meds and exercise(I am an amputee). She is very young- not more than 25. I'm old enough to have a daughter older than her. She comes in everyday, jokes around, feeds me, gives me the meds, helps me with physio, brags a lot about what goes on at home, and leaves at around 4. She is the light of my life.

Find a good friend who you can talk and share to, and all these sorrows will go away. I promise.

Smile Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I am looking forward to a few days of vacation beginning this evening. One of our nieces is getting married in Asheville, NC this Saturday and we are taking a few extra days to enjoy the Smokey and Blue Ridge mountains along the way! Happy dancing here!
    Brooke, have a great time! You're definitely going to a beautiful area.