Thread: Joe Walsh - The King Of Comedy

Banned

Default Joe Walsh - The King Of Comedy

This may have something to do with Joe's up-coming tour . One of Joe's bootlegs, from his drunk days, is getting an official release on October 2nd.

http://www.spincds.com/cds/garcia-li...2-78-2cd-46530

Joe Walsh - The King Of Comedy

1. Indian Summer 04:12
    2. Ashes The Rain and I/Meadows 02:55
    3. Walk Away 04:11
    4. Welcome To The Club 05:11
    5. Over and Over 05:27
    6. Two Sides To Every Story 04:01
    7. Ordinary Average Guy 04:13
    8. Life's Been Good 08:13
    9. Funk #49 04:42
    10. Rocky Mountain Way 08:02
    11. The Confessor 06:21
    12. In The City 03:38
    13. Look At Us Now 05:38
    14. The Bomber 07:16

Most of it was recorded in 1991. Over and Over is the earliest performance from 1981.

I'd love another Walsh live album, preferably as far away from the early nineties, desperate years, as possible.

Smile Re: Joe Walsh - The King Of Comedy

I'm looking forward to this, for sure. I think it's so interesting that Joe is doing "Indian Summer." After listening to Poco do it so many times, and also being such a fan of all of the musicians involved, I'm eager to hear Joe's version. It's kind of cool to see how the histories of these guys overlap and sometimes in surprising ways.

Banned

Default Re: Joe Walsh - The King Of Comedy

It's not the same song LuvTim. I've heard 3 or 4 different Indian Summers, from various artists, all different, Joe's is from his 1978 But Seriously Folks album.

Tim, along with Glenn and Don add Eagles harmonies to Tomorrow from that album. Tim also sang on a couple of Joe's 80s albums, Joe has played on a couple of Tim's solo tracks.

In 1970 Joe wanted some pedal steel guitar on There I Go Again. One of his songs on the James Gang Rides Again album.So the ambushed Rusty Young, on stage, at the end of a Poco show. Rusty did a pretty good job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt30eBN2Q2M

There aint many Walsh tracks with a guitar solo played by somebody else.

Why do you think this is official? Looks like a bootleg label to me.

I do have this on disc and the acoustic set at the beginning is my favorite part!

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I'm thinking that's a bootleg too. However, looks like a pretty cool bootleg so thanks to the 'Funkster' for letting us know.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Why do you think this is official? Looks like a bootleg label to me.

I do have this on disc and the acoustic set at the beginning is my favorite part!
    Well it's available at a proper CD retailer. I'm sure all the relevant parties will get their share of the proceeds. Which doesn't happen with Bootlegs.

I know Ringo's 2nd, All Starr Band release, that features Joe and Tim, was released officially, during the 90s, after Ringo found out that the bootleg was doing good business.
    I still prefer the boot's tracklist that includes Timothy's Keep On Tryin' and Joe's (sung by Tim Cappello) Wiggle Like That (incorrectly titled With Eagles Like That)

Official: http://www.discogs.com/Ringo-Starr-A...elease/2159879
    Bootleg: http://www.discogs.com/Ringo-Starr-A...elease/4092688

I like the opening acoustic set best too MV. The tracks he does with the Eagles, I've just heard too often.

Smile Re: Joe Walsh - The King Of Comedy

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It's not the same song LuvTim. I've heard 3 or 4 different Indian Summers, from various artists, all different, Joe's is from his 1978 But Seriously Folks album.

Tim, along with Glenn and Don add Eagles harmonies to Tomorrow from that album. Tim also sang on a couple of Joe's 80s albums, Joe has played on a couple of Tim's solo tracks.

In 1970 Joe wanted some pedal steel guitar on There I Go Again. One of his songs on the James Gang Rides Again album.So the ambushed Rusty Young, on stage, at the end of a Poco show. Rusty did a pretty good job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt30eBN2Q2M

There aint many Walsh tracks with a guitar solo played by somebody else.
    Oh. Ok then. Lol...