Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from North Carolina

Stuck on the Border

Welcome from Australia.

I actually think I prefer Disc 2 of LROOE at the moment.

Stuck on the Border

Hi Debbie -welcome to the board!

It is fun having new stuff to listen to, isn't it? And of course, the hope of seeing them live!

Enjoy The Border!

Default welcome

welcome to the Border from me also AHC. Love the sn, I think it fits a lot of us here . I love the new cd as well and tend to listen to disc 1 the most. Hope you enjoy your time here, it's a great place to meet other fans and talk about the Eagles.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Welcome aboard, AHC. I'm sure you'll enjoy the board as much as I have in the month and a half or so that I've been on. Like you, I've been listening to LROOE every day (along with their other CDs and Henley's solo CDs). It's funny, I got a new car 10 days ago and I was excited to discover that I have Sirius radio for free for a year. That excitement lasted for about 2 days and now I'm back listening to the Eagles and Henley nonstop in my car. You would think I'd get tired of them, but that hasn't been the case. Anyway, welcome again!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Out on the Border

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone!!! I must say I am enjoying some of your pics and avatars of the Eagles...I guess my fave is Glenn, although Don is a close second. They are all great together. And here I was, thinking I was the only one obsessed with their new CD!! It's great to meet all of you!!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Good Girl :P Another Glenn fan. A girl after my own heart. Pity you weren't here on the run up to the album's release. You'd have enyoyed it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Re: Greetings from North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by AgingHippieChick
    Hello everyone,

I just joined this message board today and I'm happy to have found it. I bought the new LROOE cd when it first came out at the end of October. I listen to it almost every day, and was thrilled to hear that it was 11 times platinum and the best selling cd of 2007. I have been an Eagles fan since the 70s and have never tired of listening to their songs. They are truly timeless. Even though the band has gotten older, they still sound great together, and I hope we can expect more new stuff in the future!!

Debbie
    Welcome to The Border, Debbie! I'm so happy that you've joined us. I'm sorry I only welcome you now, but I don't have internet access over weekends, and I didn't have time to post any messages yesterday! I too love LROOE - it's a brilliant album and I listen to it daily. I wish I could say that I've been an Eagles fan since the '70s, but I was born when "Hotel California" came out so I missed out! I became a fan of their music about three and a half years ago now, but became pretty obsessed in February 2007, when I saw "Hell Freezes Over" for the first time. I fell in love with Glenn and I've been lost ever since. I found this website the next day!

I agree with you that the Eagles are timeless. Their songs, their instrumentation, their VOICES - they're one of the greatest groups of all time, in my opinion (and they're gorgeous, too... ).

I look forward to reading many more posts from you!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

OMG, I love your screen name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the border. We're so happy you're here!

Welcome from me, too, Debbie. It's great to have another die-hard fan on board. I've loved the Eagles since the mid 70s as well, and like everyone else here, LROOE has been in my car ever since I got hold of it.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...