Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Don't Want to Hear Any More

I find it very melodic as well, and good melodies appeal to me, "message" or "no message." Here's what I judge it by - which song would I rather listen to? I would rather listen to "I Don't Want to Hear Any More" than "Do Something." Now, perhaps that will change, but I hardly think we can summarily dismiss the song simply because it doesn't try to make us into activists.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Activism has nothing to do with it. In my opinion Do Something is a much better song, musically as well as lyrically. But regarding the lyrics in IDWTHAM, they do nothing for me. It's possible to do a song like this and make it interesting (WDIDWMH being the obvious example). I'm in the minority here, however, which is fair enough.

My disappointment with this one stems from it being yet another ballad for Tim. Let the boy rock for once!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I agree PLS. It seems just more of the same from Tim. Sounded a bit Pocoish to me. I like it, but not a favorite.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It's OK. I've been there before too so I can relate to the lyrics, hahaha. Never really liked Schmit's voice that much though. I think he appeals more to girls.

Default Re: I Don't Want to Hear Any More

Reviving this old thread as well. It's true that the lyrics aren't "deep" per se but I think they're very relatable. Being "Let down easy" is still being let down.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Are you all sitting down? I really do not like this song!! In fact, if it wasn't for Timothy singing it, I wouldn't listen to it. I'm still trying to figure out why it was put on the album and made it to the live shows at the beginning. According to Timothy himself, he brought several songs to the table for this album and they never made the cut. Wasn't there one of those songs, that Timothy, an Eagle, wrote that we could of put on the album instead of another Carrack song? And after Expando, I'm thinking this even more so. I tried to like it, and I think I might have even convinced myself I did, for awhile, but......

I just want to slap the guy and say, "Let her go already! Walk away! She doesn't want to be here and you need to MOVE ON!". But then I have to feel sorry for him also because "he's read this book before". Poor guy keeps getting dumped!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Interesting. While I share your sentiments, I thought it worked better live than I was expecting, and hence my opinion of it went up. It is still in my 3 least favourites (the others being GOTC & Fast Company) but when it annoys me, I think 'it's still so much better than LWKUA' which isn't much of a recommendation.

I agree with FP in that my appreciation of the song increased dramatically when I heard it live. It wouldn't go down as one of my all-time favourite Eagles tracks, but I think it's a lovely song and I enjoy listening to it. I particularly love the way it builds just before the chorus when Tim sings "I know how this all ends".

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Reviving this ancient thread as a public service from your friendly neighborhood English professor.

In the context of the usage in this song...
    ANY MORE is two words.

I Don't Want to Hear Any More

NOT Anymore

If you've messed up and used "anymore" in the past, don't feel bad. I think I have seen almost no one get this right in a review or setlist. Almost everyone uses "anymore." I think it was even wrong on a download label and on a setlist I grabbed off the stage. It reminds me of Fleetwood Mac's "Skies the Limit" which is actually wrong on the official album tracklist! (It should be "Sky's the Limit".)

And if you don't care about such things, feel free to disregard this post and just enjoy the other, more substantive comments on the song contained in this thread.