Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

We went to see Bad Company and Lynyrd Skynyrd this past Friday night, kind of last minute, and let me tell you, I am so glad we did. Both bands put on a great show. Skynyrd's was really rockin' and the place was packed. It was really cool during a couple of songs they would pull up video footage of Ronnie singing (a line or two) of whichever song and Johnny would step back and let Ronnie sing it as he watched the video and saluted his brother. Their encore was Free Bird and the guitar solos at the end went on forever, well over 10 minutes, it was awesome! We had a great time!!

And how fitting, as I am typing this Simple Man comes on the radio.

One little thing I have to add...there was a gentleman sitting two rows in front of us that had had a bit to drink and was totally into the show and was standing up filming the bands and crowd (but forgot to hit the record button on his phone because you could see that it was not red ). Well by the time Skynyrd came on this guy was gone, I did not see him anywhere, I thought hmm that's strange but who knows. Well a little later they were showing the crowd down front on the big screen and low and behold there he was front and center so to speak. Don't know how he got down there because we were sitting in the third section back from the stage. Everyone in our section started laughing once we saw where he was.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Dang, some drunk people got skillz. I always meet crazy and almost surely inebriated women at Crosby Stills & Nash shows. One gal somehow managed to get *backstage* during the intermission, get Graham Nash's autograph, then dive off the stage and come back to our seats (we weren't even close to the front). She was never stopped by security.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'll be seeing Jason Aldean at the Peoria Civic Center in Peoria, IL on 05/11/18.

Austin - Have a great time.

ETG & NMB - There is nothing worse than sitting near drunk people at concerts.

Yes NMB, they do have some type of skillz, maybe all the alcohol oozing out of their pores makes for easy slipping through places.

NKIT, I do not mind the drunk funny people, as my guy was, but mean or rude drunks are something else.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Going to see Metallica in October, and Ghost in December. So, what was originally a year mostly devoid of anything will at least end with a couple of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Going to see Metallica in October, and Ghost in December. So, what was originally a year mostly devoid of anything will at least end with a couple of things.

I've had a pretty dreary year too, WW. Glad a few things are turning out for you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've had a pretty dreary year too, WW. Glad a few things are turning out for you!
    I try to look on the bright side and consider it giving my wallet a break !! Lol !!

Girl, I know what you mean! Considering how much tickets cost, I've saved a ton!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We've pretty much given up going to concerts too. It costs an arm and a leg to get a good seat and aren't interested in bad seats. Once you have really good ones it kind of spoils you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    We've pretty much given up going to concerts too. It costs an arm and a leg to get a good seat and aren't interested in bad seats. Once you have really good ones it kind of spoils you!
    Lol, I have never had "good seats", I'm just glad I can barely afford the cheap seats!