Page 84 of 103 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Banned

Default Re: Glenn Videos on YouTube and other video sites

I was just saying if you wait long enough some Eagles obscurities will surface.

Get your tissues ready;

Glenn Frey Live 1982 Very Rare Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ2DhT8tk-w&t=0s

Thank You, Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?

Border Rebel

Wow, what a great find! I was actually at this show at the Capital in the third or fourth row and it was a fantastic night!

Stuck on the Border

Is it Christmas?
    Since I first heard Cool Jerk last year, I wanted to know if Glenn did the Cool Jerk and now I can see for myself! What a great band he had, "They call themselves, 'The Cool Jerks'".

I've not reached the end, yet and I can see there must be something afterwards. If it's What's Going On it's my birthday as well as Christmas.

ETA: It seems I'm another year older. I hadn't expected "She Can't Let know".
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 01-13-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Footage of him singing with no guitar decades before After Hours. He does look cool,doesn't he?

As for What's Going On it's a beautiful song anyway & that just makes it even better. Now all we need is footage of him doing Al Green's Love & Happiness.

Also, though I was lucky enough to see him sing I'll Come Running Back To You, no footage of any performance of that exists either.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-13-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks so much F50 for the vid!!! I wasn't able to watch this till now and love it!!! Always loved those songs and so great seeing & hearing Glenn do them.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Thank you F50

That is a real gem!

Stuck on the Border

Some thoughts on the new video.

I like the band. I've been listening to Glenn's band introductions and the interactions in the Boston show and now I get to see them. A few weeks ago, a couple of us were reacting to Felder's comments about how much fun he has with his current band. About it being the difference between playing as part of a group and being a solo artist backed by good sidemen. This is Glenn and his band of sidemen having a good time. There's no question of who's the boss but the band members are far from faceless individuals. They get their moments and they move around on stage. I'm sure they were well rehearsed and knew exactly what they supposed to do but it's also relaxed. And how cool are Hawk Wolinski and Al Garth?

I wanted to see Glenn dance. I couldn't see how he could sing Cool Jerk and not dance. But I was still a bit scared that he'd look like an idiot. He doesn't. He's actually rather cool.

I find it hard to relate this Glenn with the skinny, long-haired guy from just five years earlier. It's much easier to relate him to the Glenn that performed Route 66 in 2012.

Following from that, it seems that one thing Glenn did after the band split was eat. He's certainly a little more rounded. He may have still liked to party but he's looking healthier as well as heavier.

I'm hoping that the rest of show will turn up. He's in better voice than for the Boston show and I'd like to see him sing Peaceful Easy Feeling.

"I'll see you again" always gets to me.

Banned

This is the first Glenn Frey record I bought and it's still my uptempo favorite. Glenn says it was two days work. One for the vocals and a second for guitar chops, including the solo. I suppose this version is quite obscure but I prefer it to the hit radio version.

The Heat Is On (Extended version);
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2bK8I38SKQ

Loving these vids. Thanks so much.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you