Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Eagles Song Survivor Game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Former Eagles Song Survivor Game

Time for our next Song Survivor! Our game this time will be Former Eagles Song Survivor. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the songs for Former Eagles Song Survivor here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you want to go, not for the one you want to stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree about a certain song without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember.. it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

GAME OVER!!!

In a unanimous decision, the winner is:

Take It to the Limit

Songs Eliminated:
    Journey of the Sorcerer 4/04
    Train Leaves Here This Morning 4/06
    Most of Us Are Sad 4/08
    I Wish You Peace 4/10
    Tryin’ 4/12
    Too Many Hands 4/14
    Visions 4/16
    Earlybird 4/18
    Is It True 4/20
    Twenty-One 4/22
    Bitter Creek 4/24
    Certain Kind of Fool 4/26
    Take the Devil 4/28
    My Man 4/30
    Try and Love Again 5/02
    Midnight Flyer 5/04

Hope everyone enjoyed the game.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Former Eagles Song Survivor Game

I Wish You Peace

I know this will piss some people off but my first vote is for Visions. It has a very dated sound with its falsetto answering lines and lyrics like "Play on El Chingadero" don't help. I'm not saying it's horrible - it has some cool guitar parts and I like the line "If I can't have it all, just a taste will do." However, it's up against better material, IMHO.

I cast my vote for "Visions."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Train Leaves Here This Morning (too draggy)

Too Many Hands. It's good musically but lyrically I put it in the same bag as Witchy Woman, Chug All Night, Out Of Control, You Never Cry Like A Lover, Good Day In Hell, Victim Of Love, Disco Strangler, and Those Shoes.

I know I'm in the minority but I think Felder is a great singer and I love his voice... I prefer his new solo material but I do like Visions.

That said:

Journey Of The Sorcerer
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I know I'm in the minority but I think Felder is a great singer and I love his voice
    I was surprised how good a singer he actually is. Henley is better but I think they considered VOL to good a song to let him sing. I think it could have been a political decision

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    Too Many Hands. It's good musically but lyrically I put it in the same bag as Witchy Woman, Chug All Night, Out Of Control, You Never Cry Like A Lover, Good Day In Hell, Victim Of Love, Disco Strangler, and Those Shoes.
    Of course you have every right to this opinion but I must say I'm surprised! "Too Many Hands" is a commentary on the environment and while it's not Shakespeare, I actually find the lyrics to be far more interesting than the likes of "Disco Strangler" and "Chug All Night" for sure! I'm biased, though, because I absolutely adore the song.

I'm not surprised by the votes for "I Wish You Peace" and "Journey of the Sorcerer" as they often get disparaged, but some notes in their favor:

"I Wish You Peace" has an absolutely lovely, heartfelt sentiment that I find really appealing.

"Journey of the Sorcerer" has a drama to it that I absolutely love. Don't just hear it; close your eyes and experience it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Let me just say...with about 99% of these songs...it's like picking which children are your favorites!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Of course you have every right to this opinion but I must say I'm surprised! "Too Many Hands" is a commentary on the environment and while it's not Shakespeare, I actually find the lyrics to be far more interesting than the likes of "Disco Strangler" and "Chug All Night" for sure! I'm biased, though, because I absolutely adore the song.
    Regardless of how well-written they are, they all share a common theme. Unfortunately it's guilt by association
    Last edited by Scarlet Sun; 04-02-2013 at 10:41 PM.