Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madison Square Garden, NY, NY - 9/18/2014

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Madison Square Garden, NY, NY - 9/18/2014

Awesome show! I'll post more later, but our guys were in great form, looked great and sounded great.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Madison Square Garden, NY, NY - 9/18/2014

Can't wait to hear some details!

Out on the Border

What a great night! I found the Boston TD garden show a bit subdued so it was great that last night was so much livelier. There seemed to be a lot more smiling and joking onstage and the crowd were great, we hardly sat down in the second part of the show.
    I had the token 'Joe Walsh' screamer behind me, it got to the point where even Joe looked pissed off with it. We were sat right in front of Joe which was great, he's such an entertainer.
    The 2 ladies next to us had a sign that they held up just before the break, Don Henley saw it and sent a roadie out to take them backstage at the break! Very unfortunately for them they had gone to the bar. The roadie came back again and they still weren't back so I gave him their sign to get autographed. How sick must they have felt! I was so jealous! We got a few laughs as one of the aforementioned ladies had a very tight low cut dress on and there was a bit of staring going on
    Song wise, in the city was amazing as ever, it's one of my favourites live. Every song was great as they consistently have been on this tour and it's so much more fun with such a lively vocal crowd.
    Glenn Frey was doing a bit of dad dancing during Rocky Mountain way which was a good laugh.
    I did give Glenn a wave at the end when they were heading off and he stopped and asked us if we had voted, we said yes and he said the results were a no the last he saw.
    Sorry this isn't very detailed but I'm nursing a slight hangover this morning not looking forward to packing at all!
    That's it for me till Australia now thanks to that awful interference called work. I hope everyone who's seeing the show in October has a great time.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thanks Flojo! Sounds like a great concert to end your USA EAGLES adventure! Have a safe trip home!

Another fantastic performance last night. It was a wild couple of hours before the show but things for me and my wife worked out OK. I had the VIP package and sold my tickets online to upgrade to front row as part of a gift for my wife. When we got there we found out our tix were counterfeit. Needless to say we were both quite ticked off. I called Stub Hub and began to work to resolve the issue. After approximately one hour on the phone and walking around Manhattan to find Stub Hub's office, I managed to get seats in Sec A row 3 ( actually it was the second row- there was no row 1).Seats were close to center and were overall excellent. I really was looking to sitting in the front row for the first time but I can live with the high class problem of having to "settle" for second row. I also managed to negotiate a refund on my purchase to the point where I actually will pay approximately $300 under the face value of the seats I got.

The VIP "party" gets smaller and smaller; first there were very few people there. The food consisted on chicken and rice, pasta, salad, cookies. WTF? The bag with the give-aways was basically a big bag with a couple of lame souvenirs. We did win some neat prizes at the raffle- a zip up hoodie, T-shirt, and a guitar string of Joe's when he played WW. ( I am not sure how to prove it is actually what it is claimed to be but I'll take it. So, at the end of VIP things were looking up.

We got to our seats and were happy with them. The show was great. Guys were spot on, and as usual Joe stole the show in the second half. At the end of the first half Bernie threw his pick into the crowd. I looked on the floor, saw it, and picked it up. Now I have picks from Glenn, TBS and BL- a guitar string from Joe. Just need something from Don now to round out the collection. Bernie's pick has a diffrerent look and feel to it. I yelled out "Bernie" at one point between songs and I think I surprised him- he looked out and saw me. Later as I was dancing and moving maniacally as I always do at the appropriate times in the show, Bernie looked at me and kind of smiled/laughed. Glenn and TBS at other points did the same thing-
    During the Long Run Don made the same comments about how the song is about perseverance- something that NYC and The Eagles know a lot about. Glenn also had a shout out to Bill Szymczyk who happened to be in the crowd. He thanked him for letting the guys play around in the studio.
    Joe gets better and better. He really is true craftsman and outstanding musician. He seems to be doing slightly nuanced variations on some songs which definitely enhance the performance. He and Larry Carlton are, without question, the best guitarists I have seen live. I think Don and Glenn realize what a force of energy Joe is. In the first set Joe reminds me of a tiger just waiting to be released from the cage to go out on the prowl with his axe.

This will be our last show unless they come back east in the future. The lack of photos and annoyances is a welcome relief from other shows. I get why the Band wants them away. The band is truly professional, take their artistry and brand very seriously. Always deliver a great show and are, in my opinion the greatest band the has come out of the US. If they come back I will be there.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

flojo and bs, thanks so much for all of your comments! It sounds like a wonderful night of Eagles music, as usual!

flojo, hope you have a safe trip home and how nice of Glenn to speak with you!

bs, what a fiasco for you with the fake tickets! I'm so glad it all worked out in the end for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Boston Steve - that happened to HB and me as well! It sounds like you made out more than fine, though - good for you!

Sounds like another great show. I hope it's not the last time NYC sees the Eagles!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Flojo
    What did the sign say I am wondering???

Boston Steve....great review...well said...especially "the greatest band"... it was a great concert...always sad when it ends

If we are lucky the band is working on new songs for a new album that will result in another concert tour.

It was nice to meet you and your wife for a quick intro and hi.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Boston steve great review ty

Flojo great stody thanks for sharing