Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, MI - 9/08/2014

Default Re: Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, MI - 9/08/2014

In truth I was there last night and didn't notice! I only had eyes for Timothy

I was at the Portland show and they seemed to be dragging. Last night they kicked ASS.(hope I can say that). Joe was just on fire!!! It seems when Joe is really "on" the rest of the guys ramp up there performance The crowd was awesome too. Mostly on our feet from HT. Glen did the Plaintiff joke. During the introductions Glen said when he grew up near there he got beat up a lot. He said he started piano lessons and the bullies went BAM. Said he got beat up a lot for music. Said that is why he developed his sense of humor. (Bet those guys are wishing they had taken piano lessons). Don was chatty and really cute. Timothy was gorgeous as always. Joe flashed thousand watt smile all night long. Glenn did break out the Kleenex during the second half but voice seemed strong and on key. There was a cute girl in the first row two people down from me all night Glen seemed to kinda focus on her. I thought she would get a guitar pick from him and I was right. She was thrilled

Another tidbit, Glen didn't do the Ted Nugent joke there. Wonder why

Also I told you all that in the Portland show some of the backup musicians were missing. Well they still are. The only guys besides the Eagles are Steuart Smith, Will Hollis, Scotty Crago and Mike Thompson ( hope I got all the names correct this time)

If I think of anymore will post

Out on the Border

Fantastic show. First time seeing them since I was 12 in 1979 on the Long Run tour in Ann Arbor. I think things started out a little "rusty", with Saturday Night, but the crazy price for our 8th row tickets just left of center stage on the floor were all worth it when they sang "Peaceful Easy Feeling" with Bernie. Being so close it was like they were in my living room. Lot's of good Michigander references from Glenn which was good for those of us who live there. Already Gone had Glenn's voice back in gear, Joe definitely has the energy to carry the show if they need it and it was good to see Bernie again! There was also a cool discussion on stage about their first #1 single and the ties to Michigan again... Here:

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/k...j_to_meet.html

One more cute thing. When Timothy had his turn to talk he did the usual lights on the crowd thing. When he said he did his first tour as an Eagle and it fell apart the crowd kinda laughed. He said it wasn't funny. Then when he said got back together and released live album with four studio tracks and here in one of those. He brings guitar up and looks over to his left. Don, Glen and Joe were talking and Timothy says "hey boys". Really cute

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    is it Don's goatee?
    Hi Stranger! You would only notice if it was Timothy! Glad to hear you are still touring. If we don't cross paths at another Eagles show, then maybe at a Don or Glenn solo act. Send my regards to your other half.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    In truth I was there last night and didn't notice! I only had eyes for Timothy

I was at the Portland show and they seemed to be dragging. Last night they kicked ASS.(hope I can say that). Joe was just on fire!!! It seems when Joe is really "on" the rest of the guys ramp up there performance The crowd was awesome too. Mostly on our feet from HT. Glen did the Plaintiff joke. During the introductions Glen said when he grew up near there he got beat up a lot. He said he started piano lessons and the bullies went BAM. Said he got beat up a lot for music. Said that is why he developed his sense of humor. (Bet those guys are wishing they had taken piano lessons). Don was chatty and really cute. Timothy was gorgeous as always. Joe flashed thousand watt smile all night long. Glenn did break out the Kleenex during the second half but voice seemed strong and on key. There was a cute girl in the first row two people down from me all night Glen seemed to kinda focus on her. I thought she would get a guitar pick from him and I was right. She was thrilled

Another tidbit, Glen didn't do the Ted Nugent joke there. Wonder why

Also I told you all that in the Portland show some of the backup musicians were missing. Well they still are. The only guys besides the Eagles are Steuart Smith, Will Hollis, Scotty Crago and Mike Thompson ( hope I got all the names correct this time)

If I think of anymore will post
    Well, OK, one backup musician is missing; Richard Davis.

It's 'Glenn' by the way.

If the clothes are going to be exactly the same at every show I probably won't be saving any more photos unless something really exceptional turns up. They all look the same.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

The guys with Jim Higgs, the DJ who promoted BOM:

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Now that is one of the best pictures I've seen of the guys, wow!! They all look gorgeous. The other guy looks happy, too. Needs to go over into Eagles Hotness!

I cannot tell what is going on with Timothy's hair color. Onstage, in person, he looks really grey, is it just the lights? Is he coloring it? It looks solid brown here. Either way is fine with me. For those of you at this show, does his hair in this pic look how it looks on stage?

Love that photo! I miss Don's goatee, though.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, TimFan222 and U098095!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

His hair on stage is brown with gray just like you remember. That is lighting

I was looking for a picture of them with the DJ. Nice picture. You can tell Don doesn't have the goatee. I really hope he stays like this. I miss the no goatee look.

You so funny, Soda.