Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the Music You Love

Default Re: Ipod Music Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Oh... guess I went a bit overboard!
    No Soda, it's okay! There are no strict rules. Besides, some of you guys have 10 times more stuff on your ipod than me! Mine's not even half full yet. But I always want to be sure before I download a song that it's really something I want to hear - otherwise I'll just skip it all the time!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

As an exercise, I decided to go through all my favourite artists and list the top song in terms of play count. These songs are not necessarily my favourites by these artists (I won't include Eagles related songs). Perhaps these tracks could serve as recommendations.

Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps & Good Morning Good Morning (7)

WMGGW is one of the greatest songs of all time, while GMGM is of course from Sgt Pepper, an album which has never been my favourite but which I am really getting into lately.

Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women ( 8 )

Of course. This is in my overall Top 20 & is my 2nd favourite Stones song after Sympathy For The Devil.

Bob Dylan - Meet Me In The Morning & Like A Rolling Stone (9)

LARS requires no explanation. MMITM is from my favourite Dylan album, the magnificent Blood On The Tracks.

Van Morrison - And It Stoned Me (9)

Yes indeed. From Moondance.

Neil Young - El Dorado & Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) (6)

El Dorado is from the underrated Freedom album, while Hey Hey is from my favourite, Rust Never Sleeps.

Dire Straits - Ride Across The River (7)

Don't let anyone tell you Brothers In Arms is overrated (although the best is Making Movies).

Mark Knopfler - Going Home (Theme From Local Hero) ( 8 )

SIGH. The honorary Geordie song. Even better, my absolute favourite solo song, Why Aye Man, has been played 7 times, and is the other honorary Geordie song.

Elton John - Border Song & Jamica Jerk-Off (7)

Well, at least a track from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road features here. I need to get this stuff into playlists.

Bee Gees - Spicks & Specks (live) (7)

Their first Australian hit went down a storm the two times I was fortunate enough to see them.

Stuck on the Border

I'm back, because I don't get on here at this time of day much (4 pm) and because I inexplicably left out Led Zeppelin. Their most played tracks are Rock'n'Roll & Misty Mountain Hop (6). Robert Plant's is Big Log (5).

Randy Newman - In Germany Before The War (9)
    Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy (live) (7)
    Kate Bush - Hammer Horror (5)
    Billy Joel - Temptation & That's Not Her Style (6)
    Peter Gabriel - Blood Of Eden (6)
    Phil Collins - Behind The Lines (5)
    Paul Simon - The Boy In The Bubble (5)
    Queen - '39 (6)
    Frank Zappa - Advance Romance (4)

Here my current favourite version of Ripples from Genesis:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKYilFz-Zqs[/ame]
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Well, I gotta add some more then - some more lesser known favorites from my non-Eagle favorites!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiDbVTxVP5M"]Sleeping Angel - Stevie Nicks[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKllJO9G67Q"]Soul Drifter - Lindsey Buckingham[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCFiUokJPHo"]Crystal - Buckingham Nicks[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJyzijG0I0k"]I'm So Afraid (Live) - Fleetwood Mac[/ame] (I'm So Afraid is for the guitar junkies! I couldn't find the Dance version, but this one is better anyway. Still, for download, you'll probably only be able to get The Dance one from iTunes)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm still on my songs from movies kick. I love female vocalists and IMO this version of Sweet Home Alabama by Jewel rocks! I just downloaded it this weekend.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6KtOfZKtbo[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border

I didn't realise the idea was to post links to videos. My age is showing. I have always believed the song itself is the most important thing. I suppose a video link can help people appreciate the song more and go and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I didn't realise the idea was to post links to videos. My age is showing. I have always believed the song itself is the most important thing. I suppose a video link can help people appreciate the song more and go and check it out.
    No FP, it's all good. There wasn't a particular idea, but you're right - it's the easiest way to let everybody hear what you're loving! And lately, instead of buying songs on Itunes, Ive just been converting YouTube audio or video and then downloading it onto my ipod.

Bottom line is this - if you have a song or songs that either have been on your ipod for awhile or you've just recently added that you think are gems and you would like to share - dis is da place!
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 04-20-2009 at 10:45 AM.
    ~ Cathy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    While doing my recent research I remembered Aaron Neville's version of Crazy Love from the same movie. Unfortunately, to purchase Aaron's version from itunes you have to buy the whole album, so I purchased Van Morrison's version of Crazy Love.

I could not get Aaron Neville's version out of my head. It's definitely the better of the two IMO, so I converted the audio from this YouTube video and put it on my ipod too! I can't stop playing it! See what you all think....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLlaA77nsEw[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

Stuck on the Border

Wow! I bow to no-one in my worship of the Belfast Cowboy but that is a beautiful version. Now how do you do this audio conversion?