Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hair Help!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hair Help!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Probably not. I'm afraid I don't look very good in most of the Niagara Falls photos, and it's embarrassing to have a poor photograph of oneself displayed for everyone to see.
    On the contrary, I think you look great in the photo of the two of us, but I bow to your wishes.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

How do you feel about ditching the bangs? I think we could get a nice, tight, layered look without bangs. What'ya think?

I'd like to get my hair looking like it did in 2001 (in this photo, I'm wearing a headband):

That's what I was going for by growing my hair out again, but it doesn't seem to be happening, even though I'm not doing anything differently (I didn't use any product then, either). I know one can't turn back time, but it was only 10 years ago! Still, I'm opening to cutting it or at least doing layers.

I didn't wear bangs then, but I need bangs now to hide the scar on my forehead I got in 2006.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    On the contrary, I think you look great in the photo of the two of us, but I bow to your wishes.
    I personally would love to see the photo... (but then, I dislike nearly every photo that's ever been taken of me, so I do empathise with you soda!).

But - if we could see a few more photos, it can only help with the styling suggestions!

One more question - how long does it take to grow - e.g. if you had it cut to just above your shoulders, how long would it take to grow it back to current length?
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Soda , Japanese hair straightening is a permanent hair straightening that makes your hair stick straight, & it stays that way. It will not frizz even in very humid weather. You also do not have to do anything with your hair, It will dry very straight. It takes about 5 hours to do it. I would only recommend this if your hair is thick, because since doing it, I have found that my hair has gotten a little thinner. I liked it because it made my hair really easy to do, once you suffer through the process. It's also pretty expensive.

I think you look very good with the curly hair. I'm sure it will look good, once you shape it out. Also, maybe some mouse will help shape out the curls better, like you have in that older picture.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well Nanc - we've been together so many times now that I get them all mixed up ... not complaining though cause we've had some really awesome adventures. I'm pretty sure sure it was the Party of Two show in Aspen because I remember us sitting in the Denver airport when I noticed how much I loved your hair. Don't know if you have any pictures of that trip or not, but your hair was styled similar to the way it is in the Fleetwood Mac photo, except I think it was a little longer and the curl was a bit more relaxed.

I, for one, need all the hair help I can get - I have natural curls too. One day, I'll have to drum up some pictures and post here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think your Hair is really lovely Nancy!

I keep mine as a Pixie Cut. It's easier to maintain that way.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    I personally would love to see the photo... (but then, I dislike nearly every photo that's ever been taken of me, so I do empathise with you soda!).

But - if we could see a few more photos, it can only help with the styling suggestions!

One more question - how long does it take to grow - e.g. if you had it cut to just above your shoulders, how long would it take to grow it back to current length?
    I might post a small version of it very briefly tomorrow but if Soda doesn't like it it can't stay up for long. I actually used it as my wallpaper last week.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    It takes a long time for my hair to grow - probably because it kinks up. I imagine it would take three years or so to grow it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I might post a small version of it very briefly tomorrow but if Soda doesn't like it it can't stay up for long.
    Send it to me and I'll preview it - I'll give you a yea or nay on whether to post it.

Topkat - thanks for answering my question. Yeah, sounds like that Japanese treatment is not for me.

Plus, thanks for the nice comments, guys!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I like your hair best in the Stevie photo too, Soda. My hair doesn't seem to be very healthy lately. It's dry, limp & hard to style. I never in my life had dry hair before. It has always been more on the oily side. I always had lots of body mainly due to the fact that I have a natural wave (which can be a curse) & a thick head of hair, although the hair itself is fine. The terrible cut that my hairdresser gave me the last time doesn't help either.