Page 134 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I'm so happy that you are back posting again, Freypower! I have missed your knowledge and insights! (And your great Glenn photos!) Carry on!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I'm so happy that you are back posting again, Freypower! I have missed your knowledge and insights! (And your great Glenn photos!) Carry on!
    Agreed! Glad to see you back FP.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Welcome back, FP, and I could not agree more. I am not a fan of any of this, and I remain disappointed with the whole thing. If there are people who want to see them in their current incarnation, by all means go and have a great time. I will not be one of those people. I will say that Deacon and Vince have done a fine job, and I wish them all the best. But, it will never be the Eagles to me again.

I am very troubled/saddened that we may never see a tribute concert to Glenn Frey. And no, I do not equate the band doing the mega 6 band Classic tour and mini Fall concerts dedicating songs to Glenn Frey played and sung by his replacement(s) Vince Gill and Deacon Frey with a tribute concert. How many concerts will they do in 2017? So far the tally is: Summer 2017: 2 concerts Classics East/West, 1 concert Classic Northwest. Fall 2017: 4 concerts.

Second, I can not and will not speculate on what Glenn Frey would want. Deacon is a terrific young man, very talented in his own right but he's not a mini-Glenn and I don't know why anyone would want to put that kind of pressure on him. i wish him nothing but the very best as I do all the band members children/family.
    Last edited by Dawn; 08-18-2017 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Welcome back, FP, and I could not agree more. I am not a fan of any of this, and I remain disappointed with the whole thing. If there are people who want to see them in their current incarnation, by all means go and have a great time. I will not be one of those people. I will say that Deacon and Vince have done a fine job, and I wish them all the best. But, it will never be the Eagles to me again.
    I'm with you WW.

FP, I have missed you and am very glad to see you back!

🌸🌷🌺🌻🌼🍀🎧🎤🎼🌟🎸🇦🇺

Stuck on the Border

Welcome back, FP.

Stuck on the Border

It's good to see Freypower posting again. And congratulations to Toni. I hope you get more sleep soon.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Soda and Austin have apologized for the "apparently couldn't see the Eagles while Glenn was alive" comments - Austin several times - so perhaps we could leave that alone - unless someone uses them to explain something he/she said later?

Delilah, I wasn't referring to your recent "this is an Eagles forum" comment. I don't think I've seen that. I was thinking of some earlier comments. Don't remember who said them.

(The baby thing is horribly off-topic, but thanks for the congrats!)
    Congratulations on your baby.

With reference to the bolded bit, do these comments actually exist and do they say what they have been paraphrased to say?

Like the meme concerning 'this is an Eagles forum and why would anyone say anything negative about them', I don't think the comments or views that are being attacked actually exist. Like the post-Glenn Eagles being 'the greatest thing ever', it seems that very often attitudes are being attacked and/or reacted to, while it seems that no-one holds those views much less has expressed them.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Congratulations on your baby.

With reference to the bolded bit, do these comments actually exist and do they say what they have been paraphrased to say?

Like the meme concerning 'this is an Eagles forum and why would anyone say anything negative about them', I don't think the comments or views that are being attacked actually exist. Like the post-Glenn Eagles being 'the greatest thing ever', it seems that very often attitudes are being attacked and/or reacted to, while it seems that no-one holds those views much less has expressed them.
    Yes, it exists, but not word-for-word. That's why I wrote that KIND of comment. And I have talked about it earlier.

I will leave it there, because I will not participate in this new, scientific "prove-everything-you-comment-on challenge" game. People refer to older comments in internet forums and some people remember them, some people don't.

Thank's for the congrats. All the congratulations are appreciated, but if I don't reply to them in the future, it's because I don't like to hijack this thread with my personal stuff.
    Last edited by chaim; 08-18-2017 at 05:34 AM.