The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Eagles Discussion Areas > Eagles

Eagles Hang out on The Border with the Eagles.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #2911
Pippinwhite
Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I said on the Seven Bridges Road thread that I listen mostly to Sirius, and they have a larger Eagles playlist. I hear a good variety there. I hear them on 70s on 7, The Bridge (32), and Classic Vinyl (26) -- and elsewhere, occasionally, but those are the most likely channels.

But yeah, some of these other chestnuts need to be retired for a while. Although, on Sirius, you are more likely to hear the lesser-known stuff from any band. Best money I spend every three months -- no commercials!
Old 06-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #2912
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

The songs I mostly hear a lot on my local radio station are HC, Life In The Fast Lane, Take It Easy, Take It To The Limit, Peaceful Easy Feeling, The Long Run and Lyin' Eyes.

Sometimes I would hear New Kid In Town and Desperado.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #2913
priscillaupstate
Out on the Border

Smile Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Don Henley will be hosting a show on the Beatles channel on SiriusXm this Friday at 5pm & 8pm. Sometimes you can get a free trial for online listening..
priscillaupstate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:03 AM   #2914
UndertheWire
Stuck on the Border

This is a part of a "Where are they now" for 70s rock bands. Yes, by choosing the first and last line-ups, a former member is ignored, but then they also fail to mention Peter Green for Fleetwood Mac.
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainme...DHP15#image=22
Old 06-28-2017, 07:28 AM   #2915
Jonny Come Lately
Stuck on the Border

Location: Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Found this opinion-based list of the best slide guitar solos in music. Although the author is not an Eagles fan, he gives Joe fifth place on his list for his slide solo on Victim Of Love.

http://blog.noahjazz.com/?p=328

Quote:
That said, Joe Walsh’s slide solo on this song from the Hotel California album is virtually perfect by my definition of what slide guitar should be on a rock song. There is an emotive, wailing quality to the phrasing in the spirit and aesthetic of Duane Allman, while the melodic choices fit perfectly into the “arena rock” framework.
I agree with his opinion on Joe's slide on VOL - I think it's absolutely brilliant. I especially agree about the excellent melodic choices Joe makes. For the record, number one spot goes to Duane Allman for his slide solo on the Allman Brothers' Statesboro Blues.
Jonny Come Lately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #2916
buffyfan145
Border Troubadour

Just saw this article on Billboard mentioning the Eagles since One Direction has joined them, The Beatles, and others as bands that have had 4 or more members with Top 40 solo hits.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...rs-top-40-hits
Old 06-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #2917
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the link, Buffyfan! I touched on this in the Billboard Action topic. I'm glad to see Billboard confirm what I suspected about the Eagles' solo successes. I do think it's unbalanced to compare the Beatles who had 4 members to Fleetwood Mac who had about 50. And counting U2's Clayton and Mullen on "Mission Impossible" (a cover I might add) as 2 separate hits is kind of lame.

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #2918
buffyfan145
Border Troubadour

No problem Delilah. I agree with you too about the other bands. Though did see the 5th member of One Direction Louis Tomlinson is going to release his first single soon too so they might get to 5 by the end of the year. I've noticed too while I didn't care for their boy bandish singles I actually have liked a lot of their solo songs. LOL
Old 07-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #2919
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Vince's top 5 favorite Eagles songs.
http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...-songs-w492653

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote