Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motley Crue

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Default Motley Crue

Don't know if anyone here's a fan but they're currently announcing their farewell tour. Alice Cooper is opening.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Motley Crue

Announced today they'll be headlining Summerfest in Milwaukee on the 4th of July.

Time to start stocking up on the hairspray.
    [

Stuck on the Border

Well I'm not an active "fan", but I do love some their albums. Girls, Girls, Girls and Dr. Feelgood are fantastic albums. Theatre Of Pain and Shout At The Devil (no, it's not about devil worship) contain great songs. I respect their talent and songwriting a lot.

Mick Mars seems to be out of this planet. He's a grown-up while most of the other rockers seem to be little children. I respect him a lot as a person.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I am very saddened and heartbroken by this. Nikki Sixx is a very important person in my life, and I'm proud and thrilled that I was able to tell him that personally. I will certainly be going to see him with the Crue, but I know he will still perform with Sixx:AM, and continue to write books. Their music will live on, but I will miss them as a group.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

the was a cool interview with them this am on cbs this morning...If you missed it....youtube it it was very interesting and even mentioned the Eagles in the interview,
    Sorry Ww I know how important a band they are to you

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Maybe it's a teaser like so many other bands do like the Eagles Farewell 1 which morphed in to Long Road Out of Eden and now to History....?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Maybe it's a teaser like so many other bands do like the Eagles Farewell 1 which morphed in to Long Road Out of Eden and now to History....?
    They all signed a legal contract stating that they would not perform as Motley Crue again after 2015. So no Michael Jordan retirement for them.

So sad - love the Crue! Seriously the Girls, Girls, Girls and Dr. Feelgood albums are big inspirations on guitar. Mick Mars is a highly underrated guitarist.

That said I can respect their decision on not wanting to do a fake retirement. I hate when bands do that or just anyone famous in general. The only athlete I ever liked was Brett Favre and his fake retirement and then for real really pissed me off. He should have ended it on a good note with Green Bay. And same with other bands that come back with less than the original members (I'm looking at you KISS!!!! So much for a farewell tour). The Eagles are exempt from that though for me because of Farewell 1 - and it was a play on the words. But KISS saying they are done and then coming back without Ace and Peter was low IMO. And I can name other bands. So as much as it pains me, I'd rather than do this than a "fake" retirement or breakup. If you are going to do it, stop on a good note and with the original members.

I'm going to see about going if I can, closest so far is about 3hrs away, not quite as far as Chicago or the Lou though.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    They all signed a legal contract stating that they would not perform as Motley Crue again after 2015. So no Michael Jordan retirement for them.

that's what hey said this morningin the interview

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I am very saddened and heartbroken by this. Nikki Sixx is a very important person in my life, and I'm proud and thrilled that I was able to tell him that personally. I will certainly be going to see him with the Crue, but I know he will still perform with Sixx:AM, and continue to write books. Their music will live on, but I will miss them as a group.
    You got to meet Nikki? How cool is that?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.