Page 100 of 109 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1086

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Led Zeppelin

Just because I haven't been here forever....

And saw this one on FB this morning and chuckled.

He sings it high, he plays it low

mmm cool pic though I could do without seeing Jimmy's nipple

Paul's being a laugh again

Just preordered IV and HOTH on Deluxe CD.... I was thrilled with the remasters of I, II, and III on Deluxe CD. I hope he does Physical Graffiti at some point.

---

Now for my LZ rant......Robert Plant fans beware!

Is anyone else sick of Robert bashing Jimmy in every freaking interview he does? First he gets all pissy at the thought of a reunion, then states he prefers his current music. He's playing food/wine festivals for god's sake! That's not LZ! Then he tells Jimmy he needs a hobby, then says he needs to do his own music and wants to see if he can put out some new solo music (which would be nice, but Robert was being condescending). Then he gets mad about the LZ remasters......Sorry Robert, but while you are bluegrassing it up and doing half-baked LZ covers in your band at wine cellars, Jimmy is keeping the LZ spirit alive. Maybe you can't sing that stuff anymore. That's fine, but just own up to it and say that instead of saying you prefer your current stuff. Thank god for Jimmy Page doing these remasters and giving the fans what they want. You couldn't pay me to see Plant in a solo show. It's so watered down. Now Jimmy and the Foo Fighters and the Crowes is AMAZING and I hope he does more of that.

It just annoys me how Robert keeps slamming Jimmy and every time I read Ultimate Classic Rock, it's a new article on Robert saying something about Jimmy.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Just preordered IV and HOTH on Deluxe CD.... I was thrilled with the remasters of I, II, and III on Deluxe CD. I hope he does Physical Graffiti at some point.

---

Now for my LZ rant......Robert Plant fans beware!

Is anyone else sick of Robert bashing Jimmy in every freaking interview he does? First he gets all pissy at the thought of a reunion, then states he prefers his current music. He's playing food/wine festivals for god's sake! That's not LZ! Then he tells Jimmy he needs a hobby, then says he needs to do his own music and wants to see if he can put out some new solo music (which would be nice, but Robert was being condescending). Then he gets mad about the LZ remasters......Sorry Robert, but while you are bluegrassing it up and doing half-baked LZ covers in your band at wine cellars, Jimmy is keeping the LZ spirit alive. Maybe you can't sing that stuff anymore. That's fine, but just own up to it and say that instead of saying you prefer your current stuff. Thank god for Jimmy Page doing these remasters and giving the fans what they want. You couldn't pay me to see Plant in a solo show. It's so watered down. Now Jimmy and the Foo Fighters and the Crowes is AMAZING and I hope he does more of that.

It just annoys me how Robert keeps slamming Jimmy and every time I read Ultimate Classic Rock, it's a new article on Robert saying something about Jimmy.
    I agree with you to some extent, but unlike you I have seen Robert live & about half of the show is taken up with Zeppelin songs, rearranged though some of them are. He can sing those songs but it is a fact he does prefer his recent material. I applaud him for at least taking a few risks, something Page apparentley will never do. At least he believes in keeping things fresh even if the newer material doesn't measure up to Zeppelin (only a very small handful of his solo work can even be mentioned in the same breath as Zeppelin, unfortunately).

As for the type of shows he plays, he will play wherever he can get work. I should remind you that the Eagles will be playing at a winery in Australia next year, and they have played these type of festivals as well (the Hopi Farm Festival in Kent a couple of years ago springs to mind).

You can't bring back Led Zeppelin & it's best to keep it that way. The older I get the more I realise how great they were & if Plant doesn't want to go through the motions I don't see why he should.

I'm not interested in the remasters. I think it's time Page moved on as well.

I just don't feel like Page is stuck in the past. He's simply trying to keep the vibe and music alive and rightly so. If Robert doesn't want to tour thats fine but I just don't like new music from most classic rockers. I prefer 9 times out of 10 the 70s material. I feel like Robert is being very unfair to Jimmy and I don't think that is very nice. There is nothing wrong with nostalgia and it gets a bad rap. I just prefer the music from that time period. If he thinks his new music is better than the music he made in Led Zeppelin, then he and I have wildly different views on what constitutes "better music".

It's just like he won't stop making comments towards Page. It gets old, much like Gene Simmons won't stop running his mouth, or Ace Frehley bashing Tommy Thayer.

Stuck on the Border

No, there is nothing wrong with nostalgia. Neither is there anything wrong with trying to come to terms with a solo artist's attempt to reevaluate himself. I have every one of Plant's solo albums. Have you heard any of them?

Seriously, you can't just stop your ears just because a band no longer exists. If this were the case, I wouldn't have any of Mark Knopfler's albums, some of which contain songs that are superior to a lot of what he did with Dire Straits. While it's true that Plant's work does not, with the possible exception of Big Log, it's wrong to dismiss it because it's 'new' and he's a 'classic rocker'. Would you have preferred Don Henley not to have made any solo albums?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    No, there is nothing wrong with nostalgia. Neither is there anything wrong with trying to come to terms with a solo artist's attempt to reevaluate himself. I have every one of Plan't solo albums. Have you heard any of them?

Seriously, you can't just stop your ears just because a band no longer exists. If this were the case, I wouldn't have any of Mark Knopfler's albums, some of which contain songs that are superior to a lot of what he did with Dire Straits. While it's true that Plant's work does not, with the possible exception of Big Log, it's wrong to dismiss it because it's 'new' and he's a 'classic rocker'. With this attitude you would have no time for songs like Dirty Laundry.
    I don't hate all solo music... I just meant new music in recent years and was referring to his bluegrass album...

I consider Dirty Laundry a classic rock song. But when I hear new music from old bands I love I generally find it doesn't hold up to their earlier material.

All other aspects aside, I disapprove of band members bashing each other in the press, period. It's quite tacky. For that reason alone, I wish Plant would give it a rest.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I agree that band members(or ex) insulting each other in the press is simply childish and idiotic behavior but I do think Jimmy should move on. Some new music from him would be interesting. I respect Plant for constantly reinventing himself even when obviously his new material can't compare to his work with Zep. He gave his everything to the band(including losing his son and exhausting his marriage) and he doesn't owe anything to anybody aside from basic good manners when talking about an old friend. It's better to reserve the memory of Zep as it is and not try to resuscitate a body long gone IMO. It was so long a go the're all different people now and I think it's a bit silly to try bringing back the "monster" in all its glory because the spirit and the attitude(allmighty, young and arrogant "overlords") that made the monster is GONE. At least Plant and Jones have grown up and from what I've read Jones is quite happy writing classical pieces and other stuff instead of ganging up on Plant with Jimmy about the reunion.

At least Robert is honest.