Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

Out on the Border

Default Re: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

I thought I'd better post before GA gets angry with me
    We went to the Boston TD garden show and I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get a wave from Glenn. To be honest I didn't really expect him to remember us anyway.
    We were walking to the elevator in our hotel the next afternoon to meet Zanny and her husband at the bar, and who walks out of the elevator at our floor!
    I had only just realised it was Glenn when he did a double take and stopped and and said 'hi sweetie' and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I can't remember anything else he said as my brain was mush by that point! My other half got a handshake.
    He was with 2 people who were waiting on him so we obviously didn't linger.
    As he was walking away he told them we were from Scotland, so he must have remembered us! Or maybe the accent gave us away
    Needless to say Zanny was stamping her feet as they must have missed him by seconds in the lobby, I had a huge grin on my face for the rest of the night much to everyone's annoyance!
    What a nice guy, and to have stopped when he was in company was surprising.
    As if that wasn't enough excitement, we went back to the hotel after the walden woods show and Robert Redford was in the bar. I thought Zanny was going to die of embarrassment when her husband shouted 'Mr Redford-congratulations' as he passed us when he left

Karen if you're reading this it was lovely to meet you at the show, hope you got home ok.
    GL I'm so sorry we missed you.

I think I'll buy some lottery tickets now. . .

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

My goodness Flojo! How lucky are you! Delighted you met him again. Bet you haven't washed your face since! Well done !
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Flojo, how awesome! Glenn is such a sweetie!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Wow Flojo! Right time, right place - it was meant to be.
    ITA Brooke - Glenn is a sweetie!

Flojo, what an incredible experience and a lifetime of memories! So thrilled for you.

As for me, I think if I were to meet one of the guys -- wouldn't matter which one -- I would probably say what a pleasure it is to meet him and thank him for all of the wonderful music the band has provided for all of their fans thru the years. And I would want to know: Given all of your success and the opportunities you've had thru your career, what is the one thing you never achieved that's on the top of your bucket list both personally AND professionally? I can imagine the answers would be profound, funny and incredibly insightful.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Quote Originally Posted by flojo View Post
    I thought I'd better post before GA gets angry with me
    We went to the Boston TD garden show and I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get a wave from Glenn. To be honest I didn't really expect him to remember us anyway.
    We were walking to the elevator in our hotel the next afternoon to meet Zanny and her husband at the bar, and who walks out of the elevator at our floor!
    I had only just realised it was Glenn when he did a double take and stopped and and said 'hi sweetie' and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I can't remember anything else he said as my brain was mush by that point! My other half got a handshake.
    He was with 2 people who were waiting on him so we obviously didn't linger.
    As he was walking away he told them we were from Scotland, so he must have remembered us! Or maybe the accent gave us away
    Needless to say Zanny was stamping her feet as they must have missed him by seconds in the lobby, I had a huge grin on my face for the rest of the night much to everyone's annoyance!
    What a nice guy, and to have stopped when he was in company was surprising.
    As if that wasn't enough excitement, we went back to the hotel after the walden woods show and Robert Redford was in the bar. I thought Zanny was going to die of embarrassment when her husband shouted 'Mr Redford-congratulations' as he passed us when he left

Karen if you're reading this it was lovely to meet you at the show, hope you got home ok.
    GL I'm so sorry we missed you.

I think I'll buy some lottery tickets now. . .
    Oh you are a lucky lucky girl!

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

I'd ask Timothy when he is going to write his autobiography. I'm a book junkie, and I especially love rock 'n' roll biograhies and autobiographies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disco Strangler View Post
    I'd ask Timothy when he is going to write his autobiography. I'm a book junkie, and I especially love rock 'n' roll biograhies and autobiographies.
    I'd buy that one!

I wonder if any of the guys in the band will write one? I've read Felder's, and always considered parts of the documentary to be Don and Glenn's response to it. However, I would like to read about each of the guys personal journeys and thoughts.