Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deacon's departure

Default Deacon's departure

https://eagles.com/

Deacon chooses to chart his own course. Would love to know the whole story.
    Last edited by FreyFollower; 04-06-2022 at 02:12 PM.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Default Re: Deacon's departure

Aaaaaand there it is, folks. No more BS about him being sick and keeping it from the fans. No more wondering about when he's coming back. And for those who were thinking of going to a concert and buying a ticket - you now can make an informed decision and you know not to expect DF to be there if you go and if you are ok with that or not.

I would just *love* to know what exactly went on behind the scenes with Don, Deacon, and Irving at the end of Deacon's tenure with the band. It could have been an easy smooth process with no hard feelings, but that leaves me feeling doubtful after the story about Deacon being sick. Certainly makes you wonder A - how Deacon was treated and B - why he left.

Provided there was no strings attached (drama, bad treatment by Don, bad feelings etc) - I so applaud Deacon for doing this. No one wants to ride the coattails of their father (or mother) or stand in their shadows for their entire life. Deacon is still quite young. This was a formative experience for him but kudos to him for not taking it the easy way and continuing to be in that band getting paid simply because of a given caricature career and actually going out on his own, paying dues, and earning it. And making a name.

I do eagerly anticipate some type of announcement now though by Don saying the Eagles 3.0 has come to a close after their last scheduled date, because that essential Frey family blood in making 3.0 legitimate in his mind, is now no longer involved. Bahahahahaha. And after he does, I got some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale real cheap!

Thanks for finding this, FF!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

The Music Observer's take.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZUtelY8SMY

Stuck on the Border

Personally I believe that this is a "this day was going to come" thing and there was no drama, but who knows.

I never understood what Vince's purpose was; perhaps they could predict this eventuality. Deacon should have been singing more/all of Glenn's songs.
    Someone said that on his last show, Deacon was particularly appreciative of the fans' acceptance of him, and how much he loved playing with the band...she thought maybe he already knew, and was saying goodbye.
    Now, what to do? Ah....doesn't Otis graduate this year?
    He has his father's blue eyes, and lighter hair.
    Seriously, I wish nothing but great things for Deacon!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I saw this happening. There's no way a young lad like Deacon would have wanted to stay joined at the hip to his fathers band, lucrative and all as it would be for him. He has to forge his own path. I think he feels he did his duty by Glenn and the band and perhaps the lockdown gave him a chance to re-evaluate his life choices and touring with the Eagles wasn't for him. I wish him luck in whatever he chooses to do. He needs to blaze his own trail now.

Otis graduated last year.

With only one remaining founding Eagle I wonder what the band will do now? That said, the shows are selling out still, the demand is there, many people love them and will be content to listen to those hits for many a year to come whatever the line-up is. Don Henley and Irving will be happy to capitalise on this as long as they can.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

I’m going to make a bold prediction and say that June 26, 2022 will be the final “Eagles” concert. I think there will be solo performances after that but not a return as a group.

Stuck on the Border

Well, I have to say I am not surprised. Almost five years is a long time and I would not be surprised if he simply just got tired of the constant touring. He will be 29 on the 17th of this month. He probably feels he did his duty so to speak and it simply was time to move on. However, as with everything with the Eagles, there is always so much we don't know. Wishing Deacon nothing but the best as he pursues his dreams and career.

Side Note: Otis will be 20 this year. I presume he is attending college. I know he plays piano - has anyone ever heard him sing from any videos he posted ?

it would be ideal for Henley to stop touring now that deacon is no longer with the band after these remaining dates. Perhaps a final "farewell" tour is coming as a goodbye to all the fans where the band will do stops at major cities. I think the band is finally coming to an end this is the right time to bring back bernie for a final tour (and felder which would never happen)