Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Default 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Here are the new inductees for 2017. Well deserved for some.

Yes
    Journey .
    ELO
    Pearl Jam
    Joan Baez
    Tupac Shakar

Award for Musical Excellence: Nile Rodgers

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/journ...-hall-of-fame/
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-20-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Default Re: 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

I don't know how they will do Journey, but I'm guessing they are bringing all the former members back. I really hope Steve Perry goes to the ceremony. If he does, this would be the first time since the 90s that he and his former bandmates played and sang together.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Yes! I love Yes. If only Chris Squire could have lived to see this.

P.S. Since Yes has had a large cast of characters over the years, it's kind of important to note which members will be inducted into the Hall. This is from YesWorld, the band's official web site:
    The members of YES who will officially be inducted into the Rock Hall are the ‘UNION‘ tour line-up: current members Alan White and Steve Howe, the band’s late bassist and founding member Chris Squire, and former members Jon Anderson (vocals), Bill Bruford (drums), Tony Kaye (keyboards), Rick Wakeman (keyboards) and Trevor Rabin (guitar).
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 12-20-2016 at 01:11 PM.

I went on R&R HoF website earlier today after I posted the list.

Here's who R&R HoF are inducting for Journey:
    Jonathan Cain, Aynsley Dunbar, Steve Perry, Gregg Rolie, Neal Schon, Steve Smith, Ross Valory.

I have no idea who the other people are. I just know Jonathan, Steve P, and Neal. I looked up these guys and majority of them were in the band since the beginning and some left the band.

Jonathan, Neal, Steve Smith(he just returned to the band just last year after being gone for 17 years), and Ross are current members and Steve Perry Gregg, and Aynsley are former members who were a big part of their huge success in the mid 70s to mid 80s. Neal is the only member who's been there since the beginning and never left.

Oh. Did anybody knew that Irving is their manager. He's been their manager since 1995
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-20-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Gregg Rolie used to be in Santana. Aynsley Dunbar toured with the World Class Rockers with Randy.

I'm psyched Journey got in, even though they get flak for being an 80s band. Their 70s stuff gave them some cred I suppose. Too bad at The Cars didn't make it.

I'm a little surprised PJ and Tupac got in during their 1st year of eligibility.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The people who are voiting are probably people 30 and under maybe 40 and under. So of course Pearl Jam and Tupac would get a nod their first year of eligibility while their are still lots of acts and singers who don't even get on the ballot.

Thank goodness the Eagles was picked the first year they were eligible.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Neil would probably take the prize for mightiest white man 'fro back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    The people who are voiting are probably people 30 and under maybe 40 and under. So of course Pearl Jam and Tupac would get a nod their first year of eligibility while their are still lots of acts and singers who don't even get on the ballot.

Thank goodness the Eagles was picked the first year they were eligible.
    Do you mean the people doing the online voting are under 40? That is only one of the considerations, from what I understand. Unless you are referring to the Voting Committee, in which case my guess would be that they are older but who knows, you're probably right.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The Voting Committee. The online voting is probably older people. Journey had the most votes in the online voting from what I read.

At this point, I'm not surprise who gets in. I'm just hoping Steve Perry shows up and this won't be another Peter Cetera and Peter Gabriel mess like the last few years. I really want Steve there.

If he doesn't show up, he's still in the R&R HoF no matter if he shows up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Neil would probably take the prize for mightiest white man 'fro back in the day
    His afro makes me think of Joe Bonsall of the Oak Ridge Boys. He was known for his afro even into the 80s. His afro wasn't that big, but it was big.