• Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Dreamer, I understand your point about Trump's stance on immigration. But it's not like the wall Trump wants to build won't have a door. He welcomes those that want to work hard for their American citizenship. He's trying to keep out those that want a free ride from the government or could be dangerous.

mimi, I'm not seeing how the Republican Congress is offensive. Am I happy with every law they've passed? No. Do I wish they would pass more laws that are important? Yes. But it could be much worse. For example, if there was a Democratic Congress, our 2nd Amendment rights probably would be non existent or heavily limited right now. The right to keep and bear arms is very important to my family and me because we live on a farm with many animals that need to be protected mainly from possums, raccoons, and coyotes. Also, knowing that my family has firearms makes me feel much more comfortable in case of attack. I know I can defend myself if something happened and I'm not unarmed and helpless. That is another reason why I support Trump. He wants to preserve the 2nd Amendment. He's a member of the NRA himself! Hillary won't even admit that keeping and bearing arms is a Constitutional right. It seems that she doesn't respect the Constitution of the United States of America.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Welcome to California, where gun laws are so restrictive that San Bernardino still happened. Gov. Jerry Brown just signed a law to take away people's high capacity magazines that people bought from like the 1980s or before. People couldn't buy magazines that held 10 or more rounds since 1994. These laws hurt law abiding citizens by making them pay more money to the gov't. The assault weapons ban is a fluke, and you had to pay a fee to register your long rifle as an AW. You can't really use it anymore or transfer/sell it. An AR-15 is no more dangerous than a handgun, since all guns are dangerous. It doesn't matter what you get shot at with because guess what, the injury is going to be pretty serious most of the time. I find it reprehensible when Congress members pass laws to restrict gun rights, when they have no frickin' clue of how guns work, their classifications, and etc. I mean, Don Lemon on CNN thought that an AR-15 fired like a machine gun.
    Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-c5HiQ8-c (Don Lemon is the one that's mistaken, ignore the title)
    He thought that it was an "automatic weapon" when it's not. It shoots one round per one pull of a trigger. It's extremely difficult to get weapons that fire multiple rounds with one squeeze of a trigger. There were laws passed in the 1930s to prevent such a thing. They still exist but in really small numbers. Some people are politically correct on mostly everything else, except on how guns work and their classifications. They're indiscriminate when it comes to guns. I'm not accusing any of you of being like this, but I'm just saying in general, esp. when it comes to the lawmakers and media people.

When the big earthquake happens and looters run amok on the streets, well uh, those anti-gun people might be saying sorry. Hope nothing bad happens to them, but sometimes, the worst happens. Also, when riots happen, a gun is very useful. The Koreans shop owners during the 1992 LA Riots defended their stores and shot at looters. They didn't kill anybody from what I've heard, but they only shot to scare them away. The police refused to go in those afflicted areas in the first days of the riots.

Also, gun sales have been going way up because people are afraid that the gov't is going to restrict them more and more. The price of an AR-15 was $700 2-3 weeks ago and now it's up to $900 because of high demand.

SoaringRockyMountainWay, I'm glad for you that Michigan isn't that restrictive, especially since you need it in the rural area. The police isn't going to shoot a possum for you, so good for you on that. I don't know how far away you live from Detroit, but I can only imagine that it would make you feel safer carrying one in the bad parts of that city.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    As a lifelong Republican, I believe in the following:
    1)Limited government. I don't want a nanny state.
    2)Strong military
    3)Lower taxes
    4)Secure borders
    5)Sanctity of life
    6)Second amendment rights (ability to carry firearms although I personally don't own a gun)

I'm sure there are others, but these are the main tenants of the Republican platform.
    Thanks for this. I've been thinking on this and trying to put myself in the position of someone who would have a vote. If I had been born and raised in the US, I might feel differently but if I was to become a US citizen now, given my background, I would not be a Republican because I have different priorities (for example, universal healthcare and strong gun controls).

I am leaning towards Trump but Hillary has the media on her side. It is obvious that everything Trrump says even if it is not offfensive is used by the media to make look like Hitler etc

I am more with the Screwed either way camp

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I haven't posted here, but I must say I am a conservative Republican and will vote for Trump. I know he isn't perfect, but I think he is the only hope at this point for our country.

Please read this article. It helps explain the differences.

http://townhall.com/columnists/wayne...hoice-n2199564
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Rebel

Brooke, I haven't seen this article before and it makes sense to me as I also consider myself a conservative Republican. However, I can see a lot of people being turned off by its Christian slant (I consider myself to be a Christian so I was not) which in unfortunate.

Trump was not my first, second or third choice in the primaries, but by the time they reached New Jersey where we live (the last primary day, by the way), he was the only one left in the race on the Republican side. I think he is deeply flawed and way too outspoken, but there is no way I could ever vote for Hillary, and that is what settled it for me.

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

RudieCantFail, I live about 3 hours away from Detroit so I don't have to worry about the inner city. You never can be too careful though. Some people that live down the road from me had their house broken into. I'm sorry that gun rights are so restricted where you live. Stay safe! I'm seeing a pattern around the world that the places with the most gun restrictions are the places that have mass attacks. Being in a gun free zone, puts a target on people's backs because they can't defend themselves.

About the AR-15, it's funny how after the last attack where an AR-15 was used, Obama said he wanted to ban assault weapons but they're already banned and an AR-15 isn't even an assault rifle. That's why a Hillary presidency scares me. She wants to be Obama's third term. She probably wants to ban AR-15's. She and most of the media don't seem to understand that an AR-15 is not an assault rifle, it's less deadly than a shot gun, and it can be used for good things like shooting coyotes.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Out on the Border

I see by the majority of the comments I've read here that this is a conservative republican echo chamber with the usual, uninformed right-wing talking points.

I leave you to your darkness & ignorance.....

Quote Originally Posted by mimi g View Post
    I see by the majority of the comments I've read here that this is a conservative republican echo chamber with the usual, uninformed right-wing talking points.

I leave you to your darkness & ignorance.....
    Then why is Hillary in the lead? . You clearly did not read the entire thread lol. So good luck with all the free stuff.

You are being offensive by calling Republicans uniformed and idiot racists.

It is not racist if I want people do come here the legal and fair way like my father did