11 34.38%
  • Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Default US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Now that the primaries are over It would be interesting to see what peoples view points are. Who do you want. Donald J Trump or Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Or will you not vote,currently undecided or will you choose a third party candidate like Libertarian Nominee Gary Johnson or Green Party Nominee Jill Stein?

I want to get this poll started then I will state my own personal views. . Right now I say everyone is just plain terrible this year which I can think that a lot of us can agree on.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

I'm going to check the "None of the above" slot

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I've always wanted to see an insightful political discussion unfold here on this crazy race, as I think a lot of people on here( as evidenced by the Brexit discussion, as well as several archival postings to this site from 2008 ) would have interesting insights on the state of things.

While I generally myself shy away from bringing up the subject, I'll chime in. 'Undecided' was my vote, but I'm not 'undecided' in any conventional regard, as I am very much decided in the sense that I'm not going to be voting for Donald Trump come November 8. No way was I ever going to do such, but certainly not after that demagogic he||hole of a speech he gave Thursday Night.

I can see myself voting for HRC only if GA(the state in which I live) is in play and close enough to tip against Mr. Trump. I can also see voting for Mr. Johnson only if the awfulness of the other two ultimately trumps my disdain for the ideology known as Libertarianism. Jill Stein does not have ballot access in my state, but I wasn't supporting her anyhow. The likeliest outcome is that I'll cast a write-in ballot for Erin Burnett, consistently my favourite news lady through the years.

That's where things stand on my end as of right now.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Border Rebel

As a lifelong Republican, I can't bring myself to vote for Hillary Clinton under any circumstances. After the past few weeks of news about her, I find it even more impossible. Donald Trump was far from my favorite candidate on the Republican side, but in a strange way, I can see how he ended up as the nominee. People are just plain furious now....it's everywhere I go and he's tapped into that.

I'm not sure what will happen in November. I've thought all along that it was Hillary's to lose and that may still be the case. The funny thing is that if Bill Clinton was able to run again, I've have no problem casting my vote for him. This is without a doubt the strangest election season I've ever seen and I've seen many of them.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I normally don't talk about politics but it's never Trump for me. He scares me so bad and I'm totally scared for our country if he gets elected. So many bad things will happen if he does. He has no political experience and is using scare tactics to make people vote for him and no explanations of how he'll fix anything he says he's going to fix besides the wall. I have thought since President Obama got elected in 2008 that Hillary was going to be next to finally give the US a female president and I still feel like that's the case.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I normally don't talk about politics but it's never Trump for me. He scares me so bad and I'm totally scared for our country if he gets elected. So many bad things will happen if he does. He has no political experience and is using scare tactics to make people vote for him and no explanations of how he'll fix anything he says he's going to fix besides the wall. I have thought since President Obama got elected in 2008 that Hillary was going to be next to finally give the US a female president and I still feel like that's the case.
    Agreed 100%.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Troubadour

Surely the only option should be Joe Walsh for President?

In all seriousness, and I say this as a non-American looking in, it's an awful situation when you have tens of millions of people who could be president and you end up with a choice between Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump. I'm a deeply avowed libertarian (sorry WS82!), probably bordering on voluntaryist or anarchist so I'd probably go for Johnson if I had to.

Out of interest, when was the last time in a Presidential election that someone other than Republic or Democrat won the majority in any state? I remember something about it from college (UK edition!) but I can't for the life of me remember who or where...

I do NOT want Hillary Rotten Clinton to step foot in the White House ever again! I can't vote this year as my 18th birthday is a few weeks after the election so I am kind of disappointed . I describe myself as a Right Wing Libertarian leaning Republican. My dad is a legal Italian Immigrant so Donald's immigration policy speaks to me. My dad worked very hard to get to where he is today as successful insurance agent. So it INFURIATES me that all the Illegals get more benefits for cheating the system and start protesting when they are called out on it but its okay the Left will protect there safe space. I would post more but it appeals me how some would let this lying corrupt person back in the White House because Trump hurts their feelings.

Sorry if I seem harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I do NOT want Hillary Rotten Clinton to step foot in the White House ever again! I can't vote this year as my 18th birthday is a few weeks after the election so I am kind of disappointed . I describe myself as a Right Wing Libertarian leaning Republican. My dad is a legal Italian Immigrant so Donald's immigration policy speaks to me. My dad worked very hard to get to where he is today as successful insurance agent. So it INFURIATES me that all the Illegals get more benefits for cheating the system and start protesting when they are called out on it but its okay the Left will protect there safe space. I would post more but it appeals me how some would let this lying corrupt person back in the White House because Trump hurts their feelings.

Sorry if I seem harsh.
    Trump is no better making disgusting, racist, disparaging remarks, saying Mexicans are rapists, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Trump is no better making disgusting, racist, disparaging remarks, saying Mexicans are rapists, etc.
    He said IILEGAL IMMGRANTS NOT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS

San Fransico comes to mind like that Kate Steinle girl who was murddered by an Illegal immigrant who was deported TWICE and released from jail.

Some people dont know the diffrence between Legal Immigrants and Illegal.

Being the Child of a Legal Immigrant I think I understand what he is talking about. If my dad came to this country today he would get more benefits if he came here Illegally like overstaying his Visa. He is now a citizen

The immigration issue is very personal so I read as much as I can.