Page 5 of 129 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

I have a lot of personal memories, but most people probably remember what they are, and I don't know if I should share them again. I did share the two most important on Facebook.

You certainly don't have to share them again, but one thing to remember about Facebook is that after a while, what's posted there kind of falls away. Oh, you can dig for it, but it gets buried under more recent posts. That's the way Facebook works - it's about what's happening in the moment. Message boards work differently. Here, memories are preserved and easily accessed until this board goes away, which won't be for quite a while.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tori View Post
    Soda, I went back and read the Pebble Beach threads the other day and could not stop smiling. That must have been the coolest experience ever, and Glenn seemed so sweet. So jealous!

"Put together a screwdriver for your uncle Glenn"... love it.
    I read the 2006 Pebble Beach thread, but didn't see the screwdriver quote in there. Also, could some kind soul explain the "sugar" reference - did Glenn like to call people (women, preumably!) sugar?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I read the 2006 Pebble Beach thread, but didn't see the screwdriver quote in there. Also, could some kind soul explain the "sugar" reference - did Glenn like to call people (women, preumably!) sugar?
    A few people on the Border called him 'sugar' as an endearment. I was never one of them. I found the word too sickly sweet.

He used the word himself in True Love.

A long time ago, I started calling Glenn "Sugar" because I thought he was sexy. I was just being silly. It kind of caught on... well, not in FP's case. She has made her disgust for the term known on more than one occasion, and I see she has done so once again.

The screwdriver bit happened the next year, in 2007.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I have never met any of the guys, but I will always remember the gig in Sweden, which must have been in 1996. I was standing rather close to the stage, and at some point I had an eye contact with Glenn which lasted probably two or three seconds, but it seemed like an hour!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Here, memories are preserved and easily accessed until this board goes away, which won't be for quite a while.
    Yes! That's why I was able to recall the 2009 show so vividly. It's because I reread my review yesterday. Reread the whole thread. I even looked up the anticipation thread. It brought back some great memories.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

A long time ago, I started calling Glenn "Sugar" because I thought he was sexy. I was just being silly. It kind of caught on... well, not in FP's case. She has made her disgust for the term known on more than one occasion, and I see she has done so once again.

The screwdriver bit happened the next year, in 2007.
    Please, Soda. It isn't 'disgust'.

I didn't mean it to sound like that. I knew it was silly.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Glenn gave that guy the kind of look that could scorch you down to a pile of smoking shoes.
    I had the pleasure (and fear) of seeing that same look directed at a guy in the 5th row at the HOTE San Diego show. 1st or 2nd song Don or Glenn told him to get off his phone and he wouldn't and he was arguing with them. I was on the other side of the aisle from his row, and about 6 security guys came up in the dark. You guys know the African American security guard on the Eagles team - he's like in charge? It was him telling all the others what to do. And they whispered to all of the people in the row seated to the outside of the drunk guy to exit the row immediately as the song ended. It was pretty funny to see about 9 fans stand up in unison and run out of the row, and the security guards step in and physically remove the jerk, who was like, "Whaaa....??" I will never forget Glenn's smoldering look - he was pissed for real!!

I was just speaking to my Mom who is an Eagles fan. I mentioned to her that Glenn passed away this week. I was surprised she didn't hear it. She was shocked and sad to hear. I was explaining to her how he was on this medication for rheumatoid arthritis to get him through all the concerts because he was in so much pain. Then she said "Well at least he lived his his life the way he wanted to. Good for him". I thought she made a good point.