Page 191 of 301 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Nah. I was just repeating what the critics say. Even Don repeats what they said in the F1 DVD about the critics say they loitered on stage. I was just adding something to that paragraph when it comes to them not having to swing on a rope or whatever artist do to make their show better.

I agree. They do move around and when they do that they look like they are having fun. I miss Don doing his percussion solo with Scott on Funk 49. I wonder why he stopped that.

Actually that was Dirty Laundry they jumped together.

Was announced on the radio that Joe & Glenn attended Paul McCartney's birthday dinner with their wives in London!!
    They get around!

Here's an article about Paul's birthday party and the picture from the other thread is in this article too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...y-The-Ivy.html

Very nice article! I'm so happy for Paul. He seems really happy with his new wife, I see everyone mentioned in the photo. Looks like Joe got decked out for the occasion!
    I was with Ringo the other night,so Barbara was available to go to the party too....LOL

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's an article about Paul's birthday party and the picture from the other thread is in this article too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...y-The-Ivy.html
    love the photo! fun to see
    though I don't love Joe's blue suit! I like him better in black, but I guess you can't get rid Joe's old style entirely!

also, I think this is a hilarious (and odd) way to end the article! :

A recent documentary about the band shows Mr Frey at a 1980 charity gig threatening to kill the group’s guitarist, Don Felder, on stage and organising a fight for after the show.

If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    also, I think this is a hilarious (and odd) way to end the article! :
    Yes, I kept paging down, thinking there was more below, and I even refreshed the page wondering if it didn't all load correctly!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

There is so much going on in this article I don't even know where to start...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...nkly-rock.html

Off topic. Well it was nice to see my other favorite group, The Osmonds in the article too. They are touring for the next month or two in the UK. They are huge in the UK, but the USA wouldn't give them the time of day anymore. I didn't think I would never see my two favorite groups in the same article. LOL

OK. Back to the article. Well. Those "old" artist are still selling out arenas and getting new fans every day especially the younger fans like me. I don't know I would say that about some of these current artist. I wonder would people still buy their albums 30, 40 or 50 years from now.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-23-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Ugh. I never get why people want to diss something that makes others happy. "Old" rockers are giving their fans a blissful experience and all this person can think about is that they don't look or act like they did 40 years ago. Well, freaking stay home then, and let the rest of us enjoy it.

Also, I can't stand all the inaccuracies and misrepresentations that get repeated so often. Here are two: "[Don Henley] doesn't smile once" and "They never talk to or acknowledge each other on stage, nor do they seem to take pleasure in each other’s musicianship or performance." These statements are patently untrue - people on this board saw quite the opposite at the same show this person attended.

Either the author has no problem exaggerating to make a point, or she didn't really pay that much attention and replaced what actually happened with lazy recycling of preconceived stereotypes.

Oh well. If she can't enjoy the concert because the performers are over a certain age, maybe she should check the birthdates of the band members before she forks over her money. Anybody born before 1990 can be crossed off her list. I'm sure there will be a boy band playing the arena sometime soon, and she can revel amongst the tween girls squeeing over their first crushes, not a wrinkled rocker in sight.

As for me, though, I'll be at the Eagles show.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Stupidest "article" ever.