Page 114 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Thanks NMB for that!!! I can't wait to read it.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I wonder if it's this Tim Moore: https://www.theguardian.com/profile/tim-moore

Anyone know?

Stuck on the Border

I am posting an interview that was posted on the Eagles Fastlane FB Page. I do not know how to link the site to here. Soda, if it is not allowed, sorry and please delete. TY.
    Joe Walsh Live Transcript. We were holding off posting something in the hopes that Joe would post the archive of his live chat, but that hasn't happened yet. We've worked up a sort of a transcript (Thanks, Barbara). Even though he answered it last, I'm going to start with a word for word transcription of what Joe had to say about the Eagles. He said:
    "We had three or four questions about Eagles and so let me just answer all 3 at the same time, okay? After a year of sitting on it, Don and Timothy and I have a plan. We’re sure that it’s going to work. A way to go out and play Eagles music and do a good job of it. I will say with a little help from our friends. We’ve got to at least try. So we’re gonna. We’re working on it. We’re talking, we’re planning, we’re going through the catalog. We’re looking at what a setlist would be and we’re gearing up to give it a try. We’re going to do one show in New York at Citi Stadium, which I think is the old Shea Stadium, where I saw the Beatles, by the way. And another one at Dodger Stadium in LA. So, we’re going to try two. We’re going to get a bunch of bands so it will be a happening. And if it works…and it will that gives cause to look at it and hone it down and fine tune it and maybe play some more shows. But at least 2. So that’s the deal, okay. It’s called Classic East and Classic West, so go on the Internet and look for that. So come and see what you think. We’re really looking forward to it. We think we can open a can of Whoop Ass, so we’re going to give it a try."
    The rest of this isn't exact wording. It's what I typed up as I listened, but I think it will give you a good idea of what else Joe talked about. Enjoy!
    ****I DID NOT COPY AND PASTE THE REMAINDER OF THE INTERVIEW AS SOMEONE ELSE DID AS IT APPLIED TO HIS BOOK.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I am posting an interview that was posted on the Eagles Fastlane FB Page. I do not know how to link the site to here. Soda, if it is not allowed, sorry and please delete. TY.
    Joe Walsh Live Transcript. We were holding off posting something in the hopes that Joe would post the archive of his live chat, but that hasn't happened yet. We've worked up a sort of a transcript (Thanks, Barbara). Even though he answered it last, I'm going to start with a word for word transcription of what Joe had to say about the Eagles. He said:
    "We had three or four questions about Eagles and so let me just answer all 3 at the same time, okay? After a year of sitting on it, Don and Timothy and I have a plan. We’re sure that it’s going to work. A way to go out and play Eagles music and do a good job of it. I will say with a little help from our friends. We’ve got to at least try. So we’re gonna. We’re working on it. We’re talking, we’re planning, we’re going through the catalog. We’re looking at what a setlist would be and we’re gearing up to give it a try. We’re going to do one show in New York at Citi Stadium, which I think is the old Shea Stadium, where I saw the Beatles, by the way. And another one at Dodger Stadium in LA. So, we’re going to try two. We’re going to get a bunch of bands so it will be a happening. And if it works…and it will that gives cause to look at it and hone it down and fine tune it and maybe play some more shows. But at least 2. So that’s the deal, okay. It’s called Classic East and Classic West, so go on the Internet and look for that. So come and see what you think. We’re really looking forward to it. We think we can open a can of Whoop Ass, so we’re going to give it a try."
    The rest of this isn't exact wording. It's what I typed up as I listened, but I think it will give you a good idea of what else Joe talked about. Enjoy!
    ****I DID NOT COPY AND PASTE THE REMAINDER OF THE INTERVIEW AS SOMEONE ELSE DID AS IT APPLIED TO HIS BOOK.
    That comes across as heartless, cold and calculated in the extreme. At the risk of being flamed, it is also very reminiscent of Donald Trump. The constant repetition of the word 'try' suggests someone who possibly is uncomfortable with this, unless I am 'projecting my own feelings' onto it.

'We've got to at least try'. WHY?
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-10-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I wonder if it's this Tim Moore: https://www.theguardian.com/profile/tim-moore

Anyone know?
    I hope so NightMistBlue. I must admit I'd be surprised if Joe's story is written by a British travel writer but he could be an ardent Walsh fan who offered to help Joe. Thanks for posting the link.

I'm optimistic about the Don, Joe and Tim carrying on as the Eagles but at the same time I'm kinda bracing myself for disappointment.

There are at least two well known Joe Walsh's. There's a second famous Joe Vitale, who is a sorta guru author. One of his mantras that I've continually read is "a new venture should scare you a little but excite you a lot".

I reckon that's how Joe (W) is feeling about the Classic East / West shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

'We've got to at least try'. WHY?
    Because there is a LOT of money to be made and Don still wants some of it.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

Ringo and Joe hanging out at the mall

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/12/ringo-...ieber-beatles/

See link below with brief interview with Ringo and Joe.
    The article says a "slightly sloshed" Joe Walsh. I guess they don't know Joe doesn't drink and he always talks that way.
    I don't like Joe's good name being questioned.

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/R...und/392373.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Because there is a LOT of money to be made and Don still wants some of it.

To be fair it seems they ALL want some of it. Including the still-yet-to-be-named-additions to the lineup. :

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    To be fair it seems they ALL want some of it. Including the still-yet-to-be-named-additions to the lineup. :
    Doesn't matter what the rest of them want. They have ZERO say in anything. This is on Don and Irving, of course. Joe Walsh could shout from the rooftops, "I want to perform as the Eagles!!" and with out Don, it couldn't happen. Technically, Tim & Joe aren't even really Eagles. They're hired hands. They just happen to be hired a LONG time ago.....

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69