The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Joe Walsh

Joe Walsh Enjoy the good life with Joe Walsh (everybody says he's cool).

Old 04-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #1171
Brooke

Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I guess Deacon could have just been in Nashville himself for some other reason at the same time as Joe. They heard each other were there and decided to jam. Who knows?!

"My brothers, the Eagles, forever may you fly" Linda Ronstadt, Kennedy Center Honors, 2016
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:27 AM   #1172
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Here's an article about Joe's Runaway Tour this weekend. It sounds like its going to be fun.

http://people.com/music/joe-walsh-gr...-performances/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #1173
East Texas Girl
Border Desperado

Thanks for sharing Shun! It does look like all will have a great time. Just love Joe!
East Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #1174
Funk 50
Border Troubadour

I've taken the liberty of copying and pasting words from Ray Wylie Hubbard. Although Ray doesn't actually say it. Bassist George Reiff has died of cancer aged 56. George played bass in Joe's band for the Analog Man tour.

Ray Wylie Hubbard https://raywylie.com/
Quote:
a few years back joe walsh called me and said he would play grit n groove if i got him the guys who played on the 'snake farm' song.
so i got george and rick and gurf and threw in bukka and the thrisas.
when they played at the festival it was the best band i ever saw or heard my whole life.
a few months later joe called and said, ''i don't want to steal your band but i'd really like to steal your band.''
i called rick and george and said joe wants you guys to go on tour with him like soon and both said they couldn't go as they had some dates confirmed with me. i said nope, you go do this. i can do hand shadows or sock puppets between snake farm and drunken poets dream and fulfill the contracts at these buckets of blood I'm booked at.
i saw them play at the the troubadour in la and ringo showed up and set in and to see him and rick play together with george laying down that beautiful funky cool bottom groove on it was a powerful unforgettable moment in time..
whew. excuse me. i had to take a break as i teared up and had to walk away. hmmm. i guess you wouldn't have known that if i just didn't write it.
delete it?
no, i'll leave it.
okay.
at the moment i am devastated as i am sure are so many whose lives were made better by having known or heard george reiff.
Funk 50 is offline   Reply With Quote