Page 290 of 301 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Very interesting - thanks shun!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

My fellow Americans: "60 Minutes" is going to do a feature tonight on photographer Norman Seef, who photographed the Eagles and pretty much everyone else in pop and rock. The program is delayed because of a golf tournament, but keep yer eyes peeled...

EDIT: It's on now.

Stuck on the Border

Thank you for the heads up .

The Eagles weren't mentioned at all! Waaah.

It was an interesting segment though. Turns out Seef filmed all of his photo sessions. So there is film presumably of the One of These Nights photo session. Most of his films have been sitting in a vault, undeveloped, all these decades. But he hopes to have them in a documentary someday. It will cost half a million dollars to have all this film developed and restored, so who knows when that may happen. And Seef is 78 years old.

I hope we get to see the Eagles and other footage someday. They showed his films of Ray Charles, Ike and Tina Turner, John Travolta, Steve Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    The Eagles weren't mentioned at all! Waaah.

It was an interesting segment though. Turns out Seef filmed all of his photo sessions. So there is film presumably of the One of These Nights photo session. Most of his films have been sitting in a vault, undeveloped, all these decades. But he hopes to have them in a documentary someday. It will cost half a million dollars to have all this film developed and restored, so who knows when that may happen. And Seef is 78 years old.

I hope we get to see the Eagles and other footage someday. They showed his films of Ray Charles, Ike and Tina Turner, John Travolta, Steve Martin.
    That must have been interesting. Sorry I missed it.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Comments by Mick Fleetwood about the Eagles' upcoming performances: http://rock107.com/mick-fleetwood-sa...ly-historical/
    Bah. That link has gone bad. I was interested in what Mick had to say.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Bah. That link has gone bad. I was interested in what Mick had to say.
    Here's a link to ABC Radio News with the same info: http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...form-with.html

Courtesy of The Classic

One of the musical highlights of this summer will be the Classic East/Classic West Festivals, taking place in July in New York and L.A. with a lineup that includes Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, The Doobie Brothers, Journey, Steely Dan, and Earth, Wind & Fire. The Eagles haven't performed since co-founder and frontman Glenn Frey died last year, but according to Fleetwood Mac's Mick Fleetwood, they've somehow found a way to fill the huge gap left by Frey's absence.

"I'll leave the surprise of how they're doing it to unfold in their own world at these two shows," Fleetwood tells ABC Radio, "[but] I think it's really historical."

The drummer adds that he's delighted that The Eagles are returning to the stage.

"I think it's hugely profound for the Eagles that they're coming out and doing these shows," he tells ABC Radio. "And I'm really glad that the band is still existing and seemingly intent on continuing as a band."

As for Fleetwood Mac, so far the two festivals, on July 16 and July 30, are the only announced dates for the band, though guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and singer/keyboardist Christine McVie are doing their own tour starting in June to promote their self-titled duets album.

Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved

Bless his heart. I figured he would say something positive but he truly seems like a warm, loving dude.

Thank you, GlennLover!

Not the press exactly but the TV guide. Saw the title of an episode of The West Wing:

Somebody's Going to Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail.

Sure most of you have seen it before but it's a reminder of how the Eagles have infiltrated everyone's consciousness. Kinda cool.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...-homeland.html

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Saw this article come up on Glenn's Google Alert that there's some Eagles documentary that was made last year that will be airing on the Ovation channel called "The Long Road". They'll be airing other docs on other classic rock artists too all June. Here's the blurb from the site:

Eagles: The Long Road (2016) - Wednesday, June 7 at 8:00am ET

This documentary pays tribute to the life and career of one of the main band members, Glenn Frey. It revisits the achievements of one of the bestselling and most loved American rock bands of all time. Featuring some of their most popular tracks including "Hotel California", "New Kid in Town", "Life in the Fast Lane", "One of these Nights" and more, follow THE JOURNEY of the life of a true musical icon who will always be remembered.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...gends-20170517
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."