Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    IMO, it should be all 7, just like RRHOF. It is quite a slap in the face to Bernie who has been touring with them for over 2 years. I am sure that Glenn and Don did it this way so they could keep Felder out. If they keep all 3 out then no one can say they are singling Felder out. It is pretty BS if you ask me. But I would expect nothing less from Glenn and Don. Again this is my opinion.
    Dont mean to revive an old thread but somehow I missed this entire thread. A friend sent me a link to the Video of the event and by minute 3 of the video I was utterly disgusted that Meisner, Leadon and Felder were being totally ignored. Its shameful. And it doesn't matter what other bands did other years or what the rules are.. or what year they left the band....the bottom line is if THE EAGLES are going to be honored those guys SHOULD BE THERE. The clip Ringo introduced was waxing poetic about Timothy, a guy that got there on the last important album...and ignores Meisner? They talk about Hotel California and ignore Felder the guy that made the song happen. They ignore Bernie that gave the Eagles the sound in the first few albums. Utter and complete BS. Henley , Walsh and TBS should have been embarrased to go to that without the other 3. You cannot have an event talking about this band and simply WIPE OUT from their history 3 vital members.
    Last edited by OutlawManNJ; 03-12-2017 at 03:09 AM.