Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: POCO

Default Re: POCO

Poco People! Awesome!
    I just keep finding the coolest people here! Lol...

I have been a fan of Poco since I was a kid & it boggles my mind that I am Facebook friends with both Richie Furay & Rusty Young. Always loved them all. I just got a turntable so I can now listen to all my old albums!!!! Yipppeee

Smile Re: POCO

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I have been a fan of Poco since I was a kid & it boggles my mind that I am Facebook friends with both Richie Furay & Rusty Young. Always loved them all. I just got a turntable so I can now listen to all my old albums!!!! Yipppeee
    That's so great, Topkat! So happy for you. I wish I had all of my old albums!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I have been a fan of Poco since I was a kid & it boggles my mind that I am Facebook friends with both Richie Furay & Rusty Young.
    Woah! That's so cool. Social media has certainly presented some great opportunities that maybe we'd never have gotten to experience otherwise. I've "spoken" briefly with some of my guitar heroes on Twitter and Facebook, including Don Felder. I still can't play very well, but hope springs eternal

Posting on here about the old albums really got me to thinking about it, so I went looking for a few replacement vinyl records. I found some online at a very reasonable price, so I've ordered a few. I'm holding my breath that they arrive in good shape!

Speaking of albums. I saw a new copy of Hotel California at Barnes & Noble for $25.00. At least I think it was a new copy. I don't think B&N sells used records. Does anyone know if they are making vinyl copes of the old albums now?

Smile Re: POCO

Speaking of albums. I saw a new copy of Hotel California at Barnes & Noble for $25.00. At least I think it was a new copy. I don't think B&N sells used records. Does anyone know if they are making vinyl copes of the old albums now?
    Hi, Topkat! Yes, some bands are releasing new material on vinyl, and it has proven so popular that even old titles are being reissued, in some cases.
    BTW, I received my vintage LP copy of Poco's "Head Over Heels" today! I wasted no time in getting it onto the turntable! I was so excited it arrived in good shape. I didn't even think to worry about it until after I had ordered it, but it's so hot out that I feared the heat would affect it. I guess I got lucky and this time it worked out. Yay!

LT, Glad your album arrived in good shape. I do remember that the sun had warped some of my albums. Love Head Over Heels album. Hope you are enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Woah! That's so cool. Social media has certainly presented some great opportunities that maybe we'd never have gotten to experience otherwise. I've "spoken" briefly with some of my guitar heroes on Twitter and Facebook, including Don Felder. I still can't play very well, but hope springs eternal
    Color me Jealous.

LT, Glad your album arrived in good shape. I do remember that the sun had warped some of my albums. Love Head Over Heels album. Hope you are enjoying it
    I am enjoying the HOH album, and thanks so much. So sorry you lost some of yours to the sun damage.
    I also ordered "Rose of Cimarron." A slight skip on the B side was the only flaw on that LP, and I'm hoping we can diminish that problem with a proper cleaning, which I haven't gotten around to yet.