Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernie Interview UNCUT: "No xmas cards"

Default Bernie Interview UNCUT: "No xmas cards"

Anyone got the full interview? Seems like some interesting tidbits inclusing that from the beginning the plan was to be rich and famous...not friends.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/eagles/eagles...4470#fedc690e8

Default Re: Bernie Interview UNCUT: "No xmas cards"

I saw this promoted (the preview was posted in Bernie's press thread) but I haven't seen the full article. The quote does surprise me. I've always had this romanticized view of Bernie being in it for the art, even if the other guys weren't. Guess that was naive of me.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

yeah I don't like to think of them like that either...naivete here too girl!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I saw this promoted (the preview was posted in Bernie's press thread) but I haven't seen the full article. The quote does surprise me. I've always had this romanticized view of Bernie being in it for the art, even if the other guys weren't. Guess that was naive of me.

Though Bernie I thinks said that Glenn stated that from the begining...not him. So maybe Bernie was led in that direcition from the other 2. I cant see Randy being in it "just for fame and money".

Yeah, I wouldn't think Randy would be like that either, but I guess we don't really know these guys.

I'd like to see the whole article. It's a UK magazine - have any of our Brit members seen it?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm not jumping to conclusions until I see the whole interview. I also don't buy that coming from Bernie. Not to say that others weren't like that but Bernie and Randy it seems unlikely.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I always got the impression that the four original members all wanted to be successful and make lots of money. But, I personally don't view that as a bad thing. However, once success and fame came, I get the feeling that Bernie and Randy weren't as enamored with it as Don and Glenn were. My take on it is that part of the reason that Don and Glenn gained more control of the band is because they were more ambitious and prepared to handle the rigors of super-stardom than Bernie and Randy were.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I just finished reading that "Hotel California" book, and Bernie is interviewed in it, and says the ultimate goal all along was to make good music and more importantly, be successful. And that doesn't mean solely money-wise--they just didn't want to implode like other acts they had seen at the Trobadour--Gram Parsons, Gene Clark, etc.--they wanted their music to last, and for it to be their livelihood--no more side session jobs or "dayjobs"--they were in it to learn from the mistakes of those who went before them, and, of course, to get rich. I think that went for all of them--they wanted to succeed where their idols before them had failed, and be compensated for their hard work--no crime in that.

From Tumblr; note Bernie's quote at page bottom:

True. You can be an artist and want to be rich as well - one doesn't exclude the other. Good point.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't think Randy would be like that either, but I guess we don't really know these guys.

I'd like to see the whole article. It's a UK magazine - have any of our Brit members seen it?
    I have seen it. It is about the making of the Desperado album & although Bernie is quoted, so are people like Johns & Souther. From what I could tell there was nothing much new in it. So I repeat, it is not an interview with Bernie.